cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R510 Wifi 5G signal dropping randomly from one of the WAPs

Nstars07
New Contributor

My Lennar home was build 4 years ago.  It was installed with r510 WAPs (2 - one on each floor).  About 4 months ago I started seeing all kinds of weird Wifi issues where my 5G would randomly drop (orange light on the WAP).  I've spent the last four months troubleshooting this issue without success.

The r510's are hardwired to the Ruckus Switch, which is connected to the Router.  I've replaced the Router.  I've upgraded the software on both WAP's.  Still nothing has worked.  There appears to be a long history of the r510's wifi dropping randomly based on a basic Google search.  Anybody know how to fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Nstars07 

Thank you for the update and the information you shared.

Please check and confirm once if same version is copied on both the partitions and share the same.

Please enter the below commands once you log in to CLI and share the output.

Note: Hit Enter to accept each command 

enable 

show version

show flash

Please check and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

Hi @Nstars07 

Thank you for the response and the update.

Your Upgrade folder should contain these 3 files shown in the below screenshot: (Refer the guide link for more information)

And this folder has to be selected in the TFTP Application. (As shown in the below screenshot)

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

I was able to run the boot, able to do the first upgrade, however it failed the second upgrade.  See image attached.Failed 2nd Upgrade message.JPG

Hi @Nstars07 

Thank you for the update.

Please make sure you have performed all the commands highlighted in the below screenshot, before you go for copy tftp flash 10.x.x.x SPS08095gufi.bin primary

Please check and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Hi @Nstars07 

I would request, please follow the Upgrade guide carefully step-by-step. (Sharing it below once again)

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-Upgrade-a-Switch-ICX-...

Thank you again for understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

I have completed the steps.  The last step is confusing because the only command is Copy Flash Flash Secondary however (Will copy what is in primary) is in parentheses with it so it makes it seem like it is part of the command.  I am assuming I don't need to reboot it after copying to the secondary because it isn't in the instructions.  We'll see how this works.  Thanks for your help.