cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R510 Unleased Ruckus - No Internet

uxk8396
New Contributor

When connected using the RUCKUS WAP equipment (mobile/computer), the Internet does not work. The lights are orange - green - no light - green - green (left to right) in the WAP. How to troubleshoot? 

5 REPLIES 5

Vásquez_Fer

Hi @uxk8396 

Please make sure that the ISP ( internet provider ) is working fine since the Ruckus devices depend on this service. 

Connect any device ( PC )  directly or via Wi-Fi to your ( Local ISP ) router to make sure that the service is working fine  

Please make sure the devices are connected correctly : 

Most common Setups for Lennar homes users

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Most-common-Setups-for-Lenna...

Vsquez_Fer_1-1668613656416.png

Basically, the yellow light means that there are not clients connected on that specific Radio (5G or 2.4G) that depends where is the yellow light on.

This does not mean that the Access Point is broken or damaged. 

Here is the meaning of each light on the Wireless Access Point

https://docs.commscope.com/bundle/unleashed-200.9-onlinehelp/page/GUID-19D4261B-D10B-4DE3-B63A-3498F...

Yellows light 2.4G: Radio is up, no clients are connected to the 2.4 GHz radio.
Yellows light 5G: Radio is up, no clients are connected to the 5 GHz radio.

So, if there is a device (iPhone) that is using the 5G radio, the light on the Access Point will be turning green on the 5G radio indicating that there is a client/device using that radio (5G)

More details for the radio 2.4G and 5G

A 2.4 GHz connection travels farther at lower speeds, while 5 GHz frequencies provide faster speeds at shorter range. What depends on whether to use 5g or 2.4G will depend on the end device (such as phones/pc/ring door/Mac devices/iPhone) They choose whether to use 2.4g or 5g auto. It will also depend on the network (Wi-Fi / SSID / WLAN ) configuration if it is 2.4 or 5G only.

Vsquez_Fer_0-1668613625733.png

A lot of electronic devices and appliances use the 2.4 GHz frequency, including microwaves, baby monitors, security cameras, and garage door openers and phones.

Best Regards 

Fernando Vasquez 

I have been set up last year and I have been using it already for the last couple of months. All of a sudden, the network is down when I connect with the Ruckus WAP. This is where exactly I need assistance in troubleshooting the issue. Please provide the steps I need to pursue. Please keep in mind we are non-technical consumers relying on the service your company provide.

Hi @uxk8396 

It seems to me that the lights are correct and they seem to work

The lights are orange - green - no light - green - green

The firs thing is to confirm if the ISP (internet provider) service is working correctly is because ruckus devices depend on this service, ruckus devices do not provide 'Internet' they just like redistribute it through WAPs or access points.

Why do I mention this? because if the service is down (not working) the Ruckus will not be able to provide internet either.

So the best way to confirm if the internet service is working is to connect through your local router via Wi-Fi or  connect an ethernet to your computer and check if you have internet.

You router from your ISP  should be look like the below picture :LAN-Ports-and-WAN-ports.jpg

Best Regards 

Fernando Vasquez 

The ISP network is running fine. Again, my question is related to how to troubleshoot the RUCKUS R510 series unleashed in case of non-connectivity.