cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R510 Access Point Has No Power or Signal

jmlohre
New Contributor

Experienced power outage.

Ruckus WiFi stopped working when house power was restored.

Tried unplugging the ICX7150-C12P-2X1G (S/N FEK3845Q21Y) router for 15-20 minutes and turned back on.  The unit had amber and green lights, but still no lights on the R510 access point (s/n 471972000211).  Repeated again and have the same results.

Tried removing the access point cable at both ends (router and ceiling) and replugging.  No lights still on the access point.

Performed a reset on the ICX7150 and it came back with amber and green lights, but no lights/power to the access point.

Please provide a fix.

15 REPLIES 15

Thanks a ton for the quick replies. I will follow the recommended advice after work and report back tomorrow. Have a great rest of your day! 

Any time more than happy to assist you ! 

Best Regards 

Fernando Vasquez 

jmlohre
New Contributor

I have attempted the reboot twice.  Both times, I got all the lights to flash amber.

Both times the system has continued to blink yellow for 24+ hours and never turned green.

And as expected, still no power or activity at the point of access.

I am not a programmer and the instructions for software recovery are useless to someone not familiar.  Additionally, why would a system need to have a software reload everytime that the power is lost!

Please provide a fix or do I need to purchase a system that is actually reliable?

Also, terminating a open issue ticket without feedback does nothing but make your closure times look falsely rapid.  Not everyone can attempt to fix the system in < 24 hours and close their ticket!

Hi @jmlohre 

Basically by upgrading to the 8095g version recommended by the Ruckus website and we avoid this problem, but to recover the switch we must do the software recovery process.

Effective November’2022, ‘Ruckus Support for Lennar Homes customers will no longer be handled by phone or email. We will be exclusively supporting customers via this community forum support model.

If you need something to be clarify on the process, please let us know

Best Regards 

Fernando Vasquez 

Is the 8095g version a new software version or a replacement for the ICX7150-C12P-2X1G router?

If it is the newest software version, what is the link?