cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R510 AP not powering up

VKTechGuy
New Contributor III

Hello,

One of the 2 R510 AP is not powering up.  I have swapped the AP devices and still no luck.

Not sure how else I can test to make sure it works.

I see similar postings and seems this device is eligible for replacement. 

Any suggestions are appreciated. 

Thank you, VK

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi @VKTechGuy 

Greetings!!!
Thank you for the response and the update.

Below are answers to your queries.

1. When setting the AP do I need to provide a new SSID (since I already have an existing AP)

-When you factory reset the AP, old configurations will get erased and you will need to configure it from scratch including a new SSID. As explained in the factory reset guide.

2. Setting the second AP as the master based on instructions,  how to make 2 APs working under the same SSID so who house uses same SSID

-The AP on which you perform the factory reset will become the Master. As you have 2 R510 Access Points in your setup, remove the cables of any ONE Access Point and perform the factory reset only on the ONE connected access point. Once you complete it, connect the unplugged Access point cables back to the Switch ports and it will sync up with the configurations from the factory reset Access Point. Both will broadcast the same SSID configured during the factory reset process. (1 act as Master and another slave AP) 

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

View solution in original post

Thank you for the information and answering questions.   It is working as expected. 

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24

Yes, it is.

Hi @VKTechGuy 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As per the case description, I understand that one of your RUCKUS Access Points is not powering up.

Sometimes it may not power up due to a defective ethernet cable that is connected to this Access Point.

Please try to connect the non-working Access Point to an external power 12 VDC adapter and check it separately without connecting to the Switch PoE port cable. (Please refer to the below screenshot). Usually, you will find the 12 VDC adapter connected to your ISP’s (Internet Service Provider’s) Router/Modem-Router combo device.

Please check the Access Point following the above process and let me know if it powers up.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Thank you for quick response.  I have swapped the AP with that working to test it.  So, I do not see an issue with PoE cable.

Would it be any different testing with power adapter,  in this case?

Thank you

Hi @VKTechGuy 

Thank you for the response.

We may need to check with the 12 VDC external power adapter and try to reset if the AP is stuck in boot mode. Then check if it powers up.

Could you please check and confirm? If it does not power up, please share the pictures of the same showing the working power adapter connected with 12 VDC external power adapter and AP, to proceed further.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Yes, it is powering up if connected to 12 VDC power supply,  however connecting back to PoE, doesn't work.

Attached picture (connected to power supply) for your reference