cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question for connecting ruckus switch or ISP gateway with ethernet devices

jessesurf
New Contributor

Hello, I have a Lennar home which came with Ruckus ICX-7150 switch and 2 R320 access points.  I have ATT internet with an ISP gateway (WIFI disabled only providing connectivity to the ruckus switch).

My question is: I have security camera system which requires direct ethernet connection, but same question for any device requiring direct ethernet connectivity.  Is it recommended to connect the ethernet device to the ISP gateway or to the Ruckus switch (one of the Slot 1 ports which are also connected with the access points)?  I've tested both and either way seems to work, but are there performance or compatibility issues in either case?  

1 REPLY 1

Imran_ruckus

Hi @jessesurf 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As per the case description, I understand that you need assistance in connecting smart devices to RUCKUS setup.

Yes, you can connect any smart devices or Internet ethernet connecting devices into any 1 in-12 ports (please refer to the below highlighted screenshot) of the RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch which acts as a mediator to connect devices with an ethernet cable or devices such as Laptops/PC, Access Points, Smart devices, etc.,

Please refer to the short guide link below about how to connect the devices as a reference:

Most common Setups for Lennar homes users:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Most-common-Setups-for-Lenna...

Please check and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.