cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power Outage caused my LAN ports not to work

MrAntCali48
New Contributor

I had to power house down to fix the A/C unit and I can't seem to get my LAN ports to activate. The access points work ok, I have the blinking green lights but nothing connected to the ports seem to get internet. HELP!! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @MrAntCali48 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the update.

Yes, I can see from the pictures shared, earlier your Switch was booted up on the secondary partition which is on SPR (Routing Code) and now you have your Switch booted up on the Primary partition which is on SPS (Switching Code). It must be on the SPS code for Lennar Home users.

Earlier:

Now:

To avoid this issue in the future please execute the below commands on the CLI to bring your Switch Secondary partition also on the SPS code. In case your Switch boots up on the secondary partition in the future due to power outage/power spikes there won’t be any such issues.

Note: Hit Enter to accept each command 

enable

show version

copy flash flash secondary 

boot system flash secondary yes 

Example: 

VIDEO LINK AS REFERENCEhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eem1IBgYaWc

ICX7150-24P Router>enable (hit enter to accept the command)
ICX7150-24P Router#copy flash flash secondary (hit enter to accept the command and wait: until the flash finished) 
ICX7150-24P Router#boot system flash secondary yes (hit enter to accept the command: the switch will reboot)

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

NOTE: Please feel free to mark the post as ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26

It shows that the switch does not exist just the APs, So I unplugged it again and it was okay for an hour, Speed was 900+ upload and 300+ download from the APs, and the Lan cable, had the Apple TV going to test. After an hour then the movie paused and the Cc was still going 

UPDATE: Now it is back up and my upload is 939.54 Download 213.08. So it seems it will go in and out. 

What happens if I just do a Factory Reset, will the license go away, and if it does how do I get it back the way it was when I purchased my house? Where would I need to go to get the license back or who can come to the house and fix this. Thank you in advance, I am studying Networking now so the Command line is a little confusing for me at this point! 

Hi @MrAntCali48 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the update.

Please do not worry, there won’t be any License or Loss of license in this process.

As this is not an Access Point issue, at this point, it is not required to reset the Access Points, the issue is more on the Switch side.

As mentioned in my previous post, please try to get access to the Switch CLI and share the output of the commands which are also mentioned in the previous post.

let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Goodmorning,

Could you show me how to do a proper Factory Reset, please? Thank you

Hi @MrAntCali48 

Thank you for the response.

As already mentioned, this issue is related to Switch, and reset of APs will not work here before we check on the Switch side.

Please follow the guides shared previously to get access to the Switch CLI and help us with the output of the commands.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Ok understand,

Ok, so I did the IP-Scan and only the AP IP address shows up, the switch itself does not appear. I even disconnected everything from the network and only the two APs IPs show up. In this scenario, what would be my next step, Thank you in advance