cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power Outage caused my LAN ports not to work

MrAntCali48
New Contributor

I had to power house down to fix the A/C unit and I can't seem to get my LAN ports to activate. The access points work ok, I have the blinking green lights but nothing connected to the ports seem to get internet. HELP!! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @MrAntCali48 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the update.

Yes, I can see from the pictures shared, earlier your Switch was booted up on the secondary partition which is on SPR (Routing Code) and now you have your Switch booted up on the Primary partition which is on SPS (Switching Code). It must be on the SPS code for Lennar Home users.

Earlier:

Now:

To avoid this issue in the future please execute the below commands on the CLI to bring your Switch Secondary partition also on the SPS code. In case your Switch boots up on the secondary partition in the future due to power outage/power spikes there won’t be any such issues.

Note: Hit Enter to accept each command 

enable

show version

copy flash flash secondary 

boot system flash secondary yes 

Example: 

VIDEO LINK AS REFERENCEhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eem1IBgYaWc

ICX7150-24P Router>enable (hit enter to accept the command)
ICX7150-24P Router#copy flash flash secondary (hit enter to accept the command and wait: until the flash finished) 
ICX7150-24P Router#boot system flash secondary yes (hit enter to accept the command: the switch will reboot)

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

NOTE: Please feel free to mark the post as ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26

Ok I happen to watch Matt Klouda on the Ruckus Networks Education https://www.youtube.com/live/opuE1wjC77M?feature=share

and finally got in my ICX Switch! Here are the screenshots after I followed the steps as far as updating the routing code 

4.PNG5.PNG6.PNG

Is this the correct setup at this point? 😅

Hi @MrAntCali48 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the update.

Yes, I can see from the pictures shared, earlier your Switch was booted up on the secondary partition which is on SPR (Routing Code) and now you have your Switch booted up on the Primary partition which is on SPS (Switching Code). It must be on the SPS code for Lennar Home users.

Earlier:

Now:

To avoid this issue in the future please execute the below commands on the CLI to bring your Switch Secondary partition also on the SPS code. In case your Switch boots up on the secondary partition in the future due to power outage/power spikes there won’t be any such issues.

Note: Hit Enter to accept each command 

enable

show version

copy flash flash secondary 

boot system flash secondary yes 

Example: 

VIDEO LINK AS REFERENCEhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eem1IBgYaWc

ICX7150-24P Router>enable (hit enter to accept the command)
ICX7150-24P Router#copy flash flash secondary (hit enter to accept the command and wait: until the flash finished) 
ICX7150-24P Router#boot system flash secondary yes (hit enter to accept the command: the switch will reboot)

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

NOTE: Please feel free to mark the post as ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.