cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Point of access units not lighting

Mike1347
New Contributor III

I have received 2 new points of access units. I’ve plugged them in and I’m still not getting any power indicator lights on the units. Internet, phone, cable all working. Any suggestions?

17 REPLIES 17

Yarenis

Hi  @Mike1347 

Thanks for the details provided, so to clarify the troubleshooting you have done, the same ports where the other devices that required power are working fine; however, the access points are not?

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández

Technical Support Engineer | L2 TAC Wired

Mike1347
New Contributor III

Should the ports where the Ethernet cables are plugged into at the main Ruckus box have a power indicator light on? They do not, but there is an amber light and a green light on on this box

Mike1347
New Contributor III

The access points are not showing any power indicator lights on

Hi @Mike1347 

OK, yes the Main Ruckus box(ICX7150 Switch) is the unit that provides power/data, and according to your description this main box may be stuck in boot mode, please confirm if the description I will provide It's how looks that the main box, and if not, please confirm if other devices that required power such a doorbell works fine while are connected to the main box.

ICX7150 Stuck in boot mode:

Symptoms:

*The Switch will not provide power to any PoE devices (Doorbell, cameras, even the Access Points).

*Will not have connectivity to the devices connected to the Switch.

*The ISP router will work fine.

*Console access will be the only access available.

*System light will be yellow/orange/Amber.

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández

Technical Support Engineer | L2 TAC Wired