cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PoE Not Working

DerekE82
New Contributor

We received a ICX7150-C12P-2X1G with our new Lennar Build. We have three devices plugged into it that require PoE (Ring Elite Doorbell and two ZoneFlex R510 WAPs)

For a little while the PoE has been acting strangely. The Ring will stop working and the only solution has been to plug it into a different port, which would fix the issue. One of our R510s will turn itself off and on occasionally as well. Tuesday though (4/9) all three devices are completely dead (no lights, no connection), and switching ports around does not fix it. All of my non-PoE devices are fine and are able to connect to the network/internet.

I created a serial connection to the switch and as soon as I connected I received an endless scrolling of this error:

"main (48V) fault has forced all ports on slot 0 to lose power"

I looked through support tickets in the Ruckus community and found a few that describe my situation. I followed the steps to fix inside each but haven't had any success. Things I've tried are below.

1) Upgraded/Flashed my firmware on both the primary and secondary partitions to 08095. This caused the "main (48V) fault has forced all ports on slot 0 to lose power" error to stop once completed, but did not restore power to my PoE devices.

2) Went into config and ran inline power on the ports and saved the config. I ran show inline power and it says that PoE is on, but my devices aren't working.

3) Cycled the switch several times, no success

3) Unplugged each device, and plugged them back in slowly one by one, no success

I had put in an RMA request but was redirected to post this on the forums. Any help is appreciated, thank you.

Case ID: 01681301 in case you need to reference it

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @DerekE82 

Thank you for the response and for sharing the details.

Based on the troubleshooting done, your ICX-7150-C12P Switch PoE ports are not working and are unable to transmit power. You have already upgraded the Switch to a stable UFI 08095h version and we tried to enable the PoE ports using CLI commands however, the failure persists. Issue is more on the Switch hardware side. This Switch unit Should be RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) in simple words replacing it.

Feel free to contact us via chat, comment you already have a post, copy the link from the post (URL), and paste it into the chat to start the unit replacement.

Please follow the steps as shown in the below example:

As shown in the below picture, copy the link and share it via chat from the link provided below:

The below link is to contact us by chat (only)

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

Did I answer your queries? If yes, hit the Kudos buttons and also accept the answers as Accepted solutions.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

DerekE82
New Contributor

Case ID: 01681301 in case you need to reference it

Hi @DerekE82 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As per the case description, I understand that your RUCKUS setup is not working, you tried to upgrade the Switch, however, there is a ‘main (48V) error’

Could you please perform the below commands and then try to upgrade once again?

Switch>enable
No password has been assigned yet...
Switch#conf t
Switch(config)#no logging console

Please check and let me know if that works. And please share a screenshot if you get same or any other error.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Imran,

Sorry for the misunderstanding, but in my message above I meant to say that I was able to upgrade, and the "main (48v) error" went away after I did that. I still didn't have power to my devices though. Relevant text below:

"Upgraded/Flashed my firmware on both the primary and secondary partitions to 08095. This caused the "main (48V) fault has forced all ports on slot 0 to lose power" error to stop once completed, but did not restore power to my PoE devices."

Hi @DerekE82 

Thank you for the response and the information.

Could you please enter the below commands once you log in to CLI and share the output.

Note: Hit Enter to accept each command 

enable 

show version

show flash

show inline power 
show interface brief

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again. We appreciate your patience and understanding. 

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi