cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POE Fatal message is flooding console on ICS7150-c12 switch

larry_speth
New Contributor III

I have a Lennar smart house with a Ruckus 7150-c12 switch and a Ruckus R510 access point. After connecting to the console port I found the 7150 was continually send the message "PoE Fatal: Vmain (48V) fault has forced all ports on slot 0 to lose power". I was not experiencing any problems with any of the POE devices I have. I am researching a periodic problem of losing the internet connection for a few minutes and then it comes back. I tried a reset but after rebooting the 7150 resumes the continual error messages. I then tried a reset with a power on which my manual says should do a factory reset but again after reboot the error messages continue. Note that I have removed all cables other than the console cable from the 7150. I would like to update the firmware but can't get any commands into the console because of the stream of error msgs.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

larry_speth
New Contributor III

Thank you for your help but this has taken way too much of my time to try to fix the 7150. I have replaced the 7150 with another vendor's switch and have turned off the r510 and converted to a mesh system. Your company really needs to move away from the CLI control and switch to web control like most of the other network vendors.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Hi @ larry_speth

Correct there is a defect in that old code, however can be fixed by upgrading the Switch to the code 08095g UFI, so in order to perform that task lets disable PoE and the log messages, then upgrade, so you will be able to perform the upgrade with not issues.

1: Disabling PoE

enable

configure terminal

interface ethernet 1/1/1 to 1/1/13

no inline power

exit

exit

2:Disabling log messages

configure terminal

no logging console

write memory

https://docs.ruckuswireless.com/fastiron/08.0.60/fastiron-08060-commandref/GUID-D65874A7-EF61-4668-A...

3:Please perform an upgrade to the code 08095g UFI and upgrade both partitions primary and secondary with the switching code file named SPS08095gufi.bin, take into consideration that is the Switch is running a code lower than 08080, so You need to upgrade twice, from the code you are to 08080f and then the recommended code 08095g UFI.

08060>08080f>8095g UFI

How to Upgrade a Switch ICX-7150-C12P using a USB flash drive

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-Upgrade-a-Switch-ICX-...

How to upgrade a Switch ICX7150-C12P via TFTP

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-Upgrade-a-Switch-ICX-...

4:Enabling back PoE:

enable

configure terminal

interface ethernet 1/1/1 to 1/1/13

inline power

exit

https://docs.commscope.com/en-US/bundle/fastiron-08090-managementguide/page/GUID-B427DDA2-C8F4-40F7-...

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández.

Technical Support Engineer | L2 TAC Wired | Lennar Home Community

larry_speth
New Contributor III

When I try to enter "enable" I get "no password has been assigned yet...." and all commands after that are invalid or broken into little pieces due to the stream of error messages. Why does the factory reset not put the unit back to its original state?

Hi @larry_speth

Please share the putty session error, after you run the enable commands, will be expected you get the no password message, because this device does not have set a password.

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández.

larry_speth
New Contributor III

Thank you for your help but this has taken way too much of my time to try to fix the 7150. I have replaced the 7150 with another vendor's switch and have turned off the r510 and converted to a mesh system. Your company really needs to move away from the CLI control and switch to web control like most of the other network vendors.

Hi @ larry_speth

The CLI Option is one of the many ways to gain access to the Switch, however, due to the error the only option to recover the Switch will be via console access. 

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández.