cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No lights on access points

ajbsbyellow
New Contributor

Recently I noticed the two access points in my home no longer have lights. The actual ruckus device is plugged in to the router and has lights. I have restarted my router as well as restarted the ruckus and it does not appear to be broadcasting wifi (no access to device at IP address 192.168. 0.1). I ran through Putty and got some message similar to: "ruckus forced all devices on port 0." After that, I am unclear about the fix.

I see other posts that might have similar issues but the responses are not clear or do not clearly walk through exactly what I am supposed to do to fix this. Please advise. Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6

Jayavidhya

Hi @ajbsbyellow 

Greetings of the day,

Thanks for the detailed description,

For further troubleshooting steps, please let us know the LED status of the switch and the access points using the below guide.

R510 LED lights

https://docs.commscope.com/bundle/unleashed-200.12-onlinehelp/page/GUID-19D4261B-D10B-4DE3-B63A-3498...

RUCKUS LED lights

https://docs.commscope.com/bundle/icx7150-installguide/page/GUID-973C8AE8-837A-41C7-9811-BAEF6ADEF3D...

Please let us know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community

Thank you for the response. In regard to the two access points (R510 LED lights) no lights are on. In regard to the Ruckus LED lights only numbers 4 (Member ID Status mode), 7 (System Status LED), and 16 (Power status LED) have green lights on. All are solid lights, none are blinking. There is also one ethernet port that has a solid green light but it does not have anything plugged into it. All ports with ethernet cables plugged into them do not have any lights on.

Thank you.

Hi @ajbsbyellow 

To check the cable connections of the devices please upload the image of the switch and the access points as mentioned below.

Here is where you can upload the image/photo :

you can also drag it to the chat.

Please let us know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community

ajbsbyellow
New Contributor

IMG_5350.jpgAccess point #1 with no lights.

IMG_5351.jpgAccess point #2 with no lights

IMG_5352.jpgView #1 of the ruckus plugs.

IMG_5353.jpg View #2 of the ruckus plugs and lights.

It is difficult to get better photos because the ruckus is attached to an electronics closet and I am unable to remove it or move it. If there are different photos needed, please let me know.

Thank you.