cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No PoE from ICX-7150 to AP

carlos_messe
New Contributor II

My name is Carlos. I have a Lennar smart home and the equipment shown above earlier in this post. XFinity is my ISP and I just replaced the modem/router with a newer model.  Upon doing so, my ICX-7150 is no longer providing PoE to the AP. The ICX-750 is connected directly from the modem and then two ethernet cables run to the AP and a Ring doorbell. These are not recieving power. The cable from the modem shows green, but not flashing amber. I'm trying to restore PoE and I've switche cables and tried all of the 12x ports on the ICX-750. Thank you.

Carlos

6 REPLIES 6

Imran_ruckus

Hi @carlos_messe

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting Lennar Home Community.

Hope you are doing well!!!

As per the case description, I could understand that your Access Points are not getting power from ICX-7150-C12P Switch.

As you mentioned that  your modem is directly connected to the ICX-7150-C12P Switch, it doesn’t work only with Modem. The connection must be from a Router or Modem-Router combo device. Could you please confirm this once?

Please refer to the short guide link below about how to connect the devices as a reference:

Most common Setups for Lennar homes users:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Most-common-Setups-for-Lenna...

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Lennar Home Community.

carlos_messe
New Contributor II

Hello Imran,

Thank you for the reply. My understanding is that the Xfinity box is a Modem/Router. It was configured this way prior to getting the new Xfinity Modem/Router. I do have a Netgear router connected to the Xfinity Modem/Router but it is solely for the home's security. 

Hi @carlos_messe

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the information you shared. 

Could you please let me know if you have your setup connected as described in my previous reply? Or please let me know if you have any issues.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Lennar Home Community.

The set-up is as described in your bottom picture except that the ISP modem is also a router.