cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to restart my Ruckus device (ICX 7150-C12P) few times a day.

Elispirer
New Contributor

Hello, 

We are losing the home internet few times a day and the only way to fix it is by restarting  my Ruckus device (ICX 7150-C12P) few times a day. How can I fix it? Same thing happened few years ago and I received a new router. Not sure what to do. Please help. Thanks.  Eli

17 REPLIES 17

Hello @Elispirer ,

Greetings!

Thank you for sharing the response.

I understand that you are facing issues in logging in to the Switch with the login credentials.

Switch default credentials will be as mentioned below.

Username: super

Password: sp-admin

If the above credentials don’t work, you can try the default credential combinations below as well.

These usernames and passwords are key sensitive, please use capital letters where necessary.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Pinky Rajendran

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Good morning,

I have tried ALL possible combinations for very long time. Non of them are working. Is it possible to speak to a LIVE person? I can pay for the service as long as we fix this painful issue. Thanks.   

Hello @Elispirer ,

Thank you for the response.

Apologies, effective November’2022, ‘Ruckus Support for Lennar Homes customers will no longer be handled by phone or email or remote session. We will be exclusively supporting customers via this community forum support model only.

This forum is on best best-effort support basis.

We will work together and try to fix the issue in the best possible way. As you are unable to login using the credentials, we do have an option to access CLI using the Telnet option.

We do not need any login credentials to access CLI using the Telnet option. If Telnet is enabled on the Switch it can be accessed directly using an IP Address of the Switch.

FIGURE 3 Accessing CLI using the Telnet option

If you can access the Command line should look like this:

ICX7150-C12 Router> OR

ICX7150-C12 Switch>

Once you are able to access the CLI, I would request you to please execute the following commands to reset the Switch login credentials.

ICX7150-12P Switch>enable

ICX7150-12P Switch#configure terminal

ICX7150-12P Switch# username super password pass

Where the username is ’super’ and password ‘pass’ (You could choose any of your choices)

To allow the correct authentication please run the following commands:

ICX7150-12P Switch (config)#crypto key generate rsa

ICX7150-12P Switch (config)# aaa authentication login default local
ICX7150-12P Switch (config)# aaa authentication web-server default local

Once the credentials have been reset, we could fix the Routing code issue by following the article shared in the previous post.

Please share the screenshots if stuck at any step or error (if any) and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Pinky Rajendran

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I am using a Mac. Will this work?

Hello @Elispirer ,

Thank you for sharing the response.

I understand that you are using Mac laptop and you can access the terminal in the Mac laptop to login to Switch.

Once you open the terminal, please follow the below commands as mentioned in the below screenshot.

nc <IPAddress of the device> 23

Example: nc 192.168.1.182 23

If you can access the Command line should look like this:

????telnet@ICX7150-12P Switch>

Once we get the above prompt, we can execute the required commands as shared in the previous post and fix the Routing code issue.

Please let us know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Regards,

Pinky Rajendran

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community