cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO INTERNET / NO POWER IN AP'S AFTER A POWER OUTAGE LENNAR RUCKUS ICX-12P

asitsinghal
New Contributor II

My Rukus is not broadcasting any internet and there is no power in my AP's after a power outage. I tried to reboot and also tried the reset with connection to the console but no luck. I cannot upload pictures. Can you please help. 

13 REPLIES 13

asitsinghal
New Contributor II

i have solid green on SYST and PWR. The AP's are connected on POE 1 to 3 and the ethernet for the internet is connected to POE 4. IMG_6031.jpgIMG_6034.jpgIMG_6035.jpgIMG_6037.jpg

Hi @asitsinghal 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As per the case description, I could understand that your RUCKUS setup is not working, and Access Points do not have power after a power outage.

"TFTP session timed out" message appears because the switch is looking for a TFTP server to load the configuration file from the TFTP server but there is no response from the TFTP server so for that reason creates a time out. 

You can ignore this message if you are not going to download a configuration file from the TFTP server.

1. Here TFTP is not recommended. Sometimes we may need TFTP to Upgrade the switch via TFTP. And for now, we could disable it to prevent those continuous messages on CLI.

Please perform the below commands:

ICX7150-48ZP Router>enable
No password has been assigned yet...
ICX7150-48ZP Router#config terminal
ICX7150-48ZP Router(config)#tftp disable

2. As you have console access, please perform the below commands, and send us the output for the same.

Note: Hit Enter to accept each command 

enable

show version
show inline power 
show inline power detail 

3. If you want "TFTP session timed out"  message  disappears you can disable TFTP as mentioned above but you will not be able to do upgrades via TFTP you will have to re-enable it back as mentioned below:

ICX7150-48ZP Router>enable
No password has been assigned yet...
ICX7150-48ZP Router#config terminal
ICX7150-48ZP Router(config)#no ftp disable

Please share the output of the above commands from point number 2 and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Please

IMG_6039 (1).jpg

IMG_5238 (1).jpg

IMG_5242 (1).jpg

  

see attached..

asitsinghal
New Contributor II

Can you please confirm if the modem ethernet connection is in the correct port.. I currently have it connected to Port 4 of the 12 ports. 

IMG_6035.jpg