cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My two, R510 APs have stopped working

GregR
New Contributor II

I have two, R510 APs connected to my Ruckus switch in my Lennar home. Yesterday they both stopped working, no LEDs lit  up on the AP fronts at all. I have not had any power failures recently, the APs just stopped working. My ISP’s modem and router are fine and I have internet access through them. I tried power cycling the switch but nothing.

is this a hardware problem with the APs or a firmware issue with the switch?

6 REPLIES 6

Hi @GregR 

As both the access points stopped working you can disconnect any one of the access point from the switch and perform the factory reset using the guide mentioned in the previous posts.

Please try to perform factory reset on the access points and let us know the result.

Please let us know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community

GregR
New Contributor II

Hello,

Just some follow-up questions:

1) I just watched the video on the Physical Factory Reset of RUCKUS Access Point. In the video, it appears the reset was being done on an AP that was receiving power from the switch as evidenced by the Ethernet port having a green, on and solid LED. Both the Switch Ethernet ports my APs are plugged into have no green LEDs indicating no power to either AP. Will a factory reset of either AP work if there is no power from the switch to it?

2) Assuming I can do a factory reset of the first AP and I see on my mobile device the network CONFIGURE.ME-XXXXXX.

- Do I immediately use the AP Unleashed Ruckus app to configure this AP, set up a network and then reset the 2nd AP, subsequently adding the second AP to the Ruckus network via the APP?

- Or do I reset both APs and then go to my mobile device to confirm the presence of one/two CONFIGURE.ME-XXXXXX networks and use the Ruckus Unleashed app to set up one as the master first?

I apologize for all these questions but I want to make sure I have a good grasp of the correct sequence of steps before proceeding.

Thanks,

Greg Riska