cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lennar Home ICX 7150 and R510 Access Point IP address issue

ajdj810
New Contributor

Good afternoon, 

We purchased a Lennar Home built in 2019 in August of 2022 from the original owner. I found out 3 days ago that the house had a Ruckus ICX 7150 and R510 Access Points installed when the technician came to troubleshoot issues with my wifi extenders I had been using because I had no idea what the Ruckus equipment was for originally. I began doing research to figure out what these were for and tried to figure out how to get access to them since no information was turned over by the previous owner when we purchased the home. 

While the technician was here, he attempted to factory reset the ICX 7150 and walk me through how to connect to it. He was unable to show me and could not figure it out. So after researching I found that the R510 Access Points actually needed to be reset. I followed the steps listed and disconnected all Access Points with the exception of the one I was resetting, signed into the app and once configure.meXXXX came up i started the process of setting it up. As I walked through the process everything seemed to be working correctly and it said configuration was completed. However, after 3 days and multiple resets using both switches wired directly to the switch and also using my phone and multiple computers, I have been unable to get the access points to work. When I try to use the SSID I created it tell me "IP CONFIGURATION FAILURE". 

I downloaded the PUTTY software from one of the forum posts but I am not good with computers and have no idea what I am doing when I try to hook up directly to the switch to troubleshoot. I am pretty much at a loss so any help would be greatly appreciated. I have looked through forum post for the last 4 hours today and since I have no idea what I am doing, I am just spinning my wheels reading things that don't make sense to me. I would like to request the troubleshooting for dummies manual on the Ruckus system if you have it. Thank you for any assistance you can provide. Thanks!  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @ajdj810 

Thank you for the response and the information.

Ethernet cable which is coming from the ISP’s (Internet Service Provider’s) Router or Modem/Router combo is plugged into the wrong port on the Switch panel. It must be plugged into any 1 in-12 ports as shown in the below screenshot. Please unplug the ethernet cable and plug it into the correct port and reboot (unplug and plug from the power outlet) the ISP Router and RUCKUS ICX-710-C12P Switch once.

Please check the Internet connectivity after the above process and let me know.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Imran_ruckus

Hi @ajdj810 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the detailed information you shared.

As per the case description, I understand that you are trying to setup your RUCKUS devices.

Could you please let us know the answers to the below queries to assist you better?

1. On your switch while it's plugged into the outlet, do you see any lights on? (Amber or green) Please let us know which lights are on. (Please refer to the below picture and share a picture of the same, showing the light status and the FULL Switch panel cable connections to the Switch ports)

2. Is your Internet Connection from the Internet Service Provider (ISP) stable and working? (You could check this by connecting to your local router Wi-Fi or from an ethernet cable from the Router to a laptop/PC).

3. May I know how many Access Points are connected to the Switch? Could you please let me know the light status on the Access Points? Any of these lights are on (Please refer to the below picture and share a picture of the same)

Please help us with pictures of your ICX-7150-C12P Switch showing the status of the lights and cable connections to the Switch ports. Also, light the status of Access Points.

Before uploading the photos please log in to the RUCKUS account and you can upload the image.

Please let me know the answers to ALL the above queries and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Good morning, 

Please see attached pictures and answers to the above questions. I have verified that my ISP connection is good to go. I have connection with all other devices in the house via WIFI and wired connections. In the attached photos I removed the switch from the cabinet, disconnected all other devices and was testing just the access point to see if I could get it work while eliminating any other devices which could be having issues that could be causing it to work incorrectly. Even in this setup I was not able to get the access point to work, still got the IP CONFIGURATION FAILURE. Additionally, I ran an ethernet cable from the none PoE port to one of my old computers, and connected my normal internet (ISP) connection from the AT&T modem. I put to default IP address 192.168.0.1 in and was able to access the switch but was still not able to get it to work. I also checked my smart home manager app through AT&T and can see that my switch shows online. I hope that information and photos helps. Please let me know if you need any other questions answered. Thank you for the assistance. Oh and I have to access points in the house, both are R510's, I have tried to factory reset both and they both came back with the same issue, IP CONFIGURATION FAILURE. This was done multiple times via phone and laptop with each and no dice. 

IMG_20240229_154809290_HDR.jpgIMG_20240229_154816713.jpgIMG_20240229_154820515.jpg

Hi @ajdj810 

Thank you for the response and the information you shared.

Could you please let me know, from where the Black ethernet cable connected to the Switch is coming from?

Please confirm.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Good morning, 

The black ethernet cable is coming from port 4 on my ISP modem in the cabinet.