cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lennar Connected Home ICX 7150-c12p R510 AP Setup

james_largent
New Contributor
I purchased a Lennar home with a ICX 7150 and R510 AP.  The wifi signal was broadcasting the Lennar assigned SSID and the ConfigureME-XXXX.  I downloaded the android app and connected to the ConfigureME net and followed the steps.  That's where I'm stuck.  I don't see the SSID I assigned during setup.  I can connect to the AP with Lennar provided password, but I don't get an external IP.  I had an old wireless router and it works, so I know the connection is good thru the modem.  When I go back to the mobile app and try to access the app it says I'm not connected to the network and then takes me to the network settings.  When I did the initial setup with the Unleashed APP, I picked the typical install.

I've done router setup for other manufactures, but this has me stumped.  Can someone point me to the documentation or explain how I can get this configured and maybe explain what I did in the setup with the mobile app?
44 REPLIES 44

Hello , I had the same issue with 2 out of 4 AP,  it is the RJ45 connection, is very loose and not done right. ask the office to send someone to fix it...

From Unleashed mobile app, Setup as a gateway, not typical. See if that helps.

kevin_marshall
New Contributor

I'm conflicted myself. My ISP is Verizon and the router they provide can support 802.11-ax. I'm not sure if I should turn off the radio on the router (ISP) and let the Ruckus AP provide my wireless signal or figure out how to put the router into bridge mode instead

@kevin_marshall 

If you want better Reliability then I would turn off the Wifi on your ISP router and use the Ruckus. 

jon_harwood
New Contributor

I am glad that I found this post.  I want to say for all owners of the Lennar Connected Home (ICX 7150-c12p with the R510 APs), a lot of frustration can be avoided by realizing if you merely have a cable modem, you will probably need a router as well. For us lay folk, that is not an obvious thing. Currently I am waiting on my router to show up so I can finally use my system as intended (currently setup in Gateway mode and only able to use one AP). I am honestly surprised it even works this way.

To Commscope/Ruckus, is there ever a plan to add NAT functionality to the ICX 7150-c12p? Is it even possible? If not, would someone mind explaining why it isn't? Doing so would simplify things by a factor of 10.  

Thanks for dealing with my rant all.  I look forward to having my system up and running in the near future.

Jon