cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet going in/out every few minutes on all devices

TomJones3198
New Contributor

Hi All I am new here and this troubleshooting seems way out of my league.  I came home from vacation to find my spectrum and lennar having issues with staying connected.   Spectrum trouble shooter and changed out their router. It got a little better but it's still not back and everything is super slow.  They are saying it has to be the rukus because the modem and router I have are fine.  Spectrums app says connection issue with modem. They said I needed to contact Rukus. Please help on what I need to do?  Do I press the reset button on the white rukus box?

Desperate to work and watch TV after 7 days! 

Thanks 

6 REPLIES 6

Imran_ruckus

admin test

Imran_ruckus

Hi @TomJones3198 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

Apologies for the delayed response.

As per the case description, I understand that your RUCKUS setup is not working after a power outage with the Internet intermittent connection.

This issue may happen when the Switch runs on the Routing code (SPR). The Switch should run on the Switching code (SPS) to avoid these issues for Lennar home users. If the Switch boots up on the other partition (Due to a power outage/power spike) which may be running on a ‘Routing Code’ results in causing this issue. To check the same please follow the below process.

Please follow the below steps and help us with the queries,

1. To check this issue, we must identify the ‘current’ IP address assigned by your local router to the switch ICX-7150-C12P

I will leave you a guide on how to perform an IP scanner on your local network to identify the switch IP address very easily. 

How to find my Ruckus “Devices IP address” using free applications:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-find-my-Ruckus-Device...

2. Once we identify the IP address of the switch proceed to access remotely to the device “Command Line” 

How to remotely access to 'ICX 7150-C12P' or 'access points' "Network devices":

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-remotely-access-to-IC...

If you can access the Command line should look like this:

ICX7150-C12 Router> OR

ICX7150-C12 Switch>

Please enter the below commands once you log in to CLI and share the output.

Note: Hit Enter to accept each command. 

enable 

show version

show flash

Please share the output of the above commands or share the screenshots if stuck at any step or error (if any) and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hi Imran.  Before I can do any of the above I need to know the correct way to the plugs are supposed to be.  Spectrum kept saying its the rukus but it was actually their modem.  So I took apart the rukus so I could get some internet after they changed the modem.  However the signal from spectrumbis not strong and I need the rukus set back up. I don't know if everything is where is should be. See pics.  The 510 devices are blinking on the last light and it wasn't like this before.

Thanks

20231017_210654.jpg

20231017_210705.jpg

20231017_210723.jpg

20231017_211408.jpg

Hi @TomJones3198 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the detailed information you shared.

Could you please let me know which is the ethernet cable connected to the RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch which is coming from the ISP’s (Internet Service Provider’s) Router or the Modem-Router combo?

If your ISP modem is directly connected to the ICX-7150-C12P Switch, it doesn’t work only with Modem. The connection must be from a Router or Modem-Router combo device. Could you please confirm this once?

Please refer to the short guide link below about how to connect the devices as a reference:

Most common Setups for Lennar homes users:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Most-common-Setups-for-Lenna...

Please check your cable connections as described above and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.