cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent internet after brief power outage

heroppatel
New Contributor

I have one ICX 7150 and two AP's in my Lennar home. After power outage, we are not getting consistent internet. After troubleshooting, I have concluded that issue is with ICX switch. When I change incoming internet's ethernet connection from C1 to C2 and vice versa, internet issue seems to resolve for time being. After half a day to 1 day, issue comes back again and I have to everytime change the connection to get unintrupted internet within house. I am using AT&T fiber optics cable. No dropout issues observed directly from AT&T modem/router. Can anyone help me resolve this issue? 

I have read that after power outage, ICX sometime goes in router mode from switch mode and this would cause internet issues. If that's true, I need help to bring back ICX switch to it's factor default mode without any coding since I don't have coding experience. 

18 REPLIES 18

Hi Yarenis,

I am at the point where I need to replace ICX switch with some other switch (i.e. Netgear or other brand). Can I do with keeping Ruckus AP's connected to PoE ports of that new switch? I'm getting this internet dropouts everyday atleast 3-4 times and now tired of changing connections all the time to resolve that issue temporarily.  

Hi @heroppatel 

Sure, the APs only that requires PoE(power over Ethernet) and data, so any Switch which is capable to provide power and data to the Access Points will work, the next image provides the max power consumption for the Access Points however they normally use like 5W, let me add the DATA SHEET for the R510 model Access Points.

R510 DATA SHEET

Yarenis_0-1669839489962.png

https://webresources.ruckuswireless.com/datasheets/r510/ds-ruckus-r510.pdf

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández

Technical Support Engineer | L2 TAC Wired

sophiascoon
New Contributor

I had the same issue after losing power, the internet goes in and out.  On the unleashed app I see the Switch as router and no devices connected. What to do?

If my ICX is not displaying the IP address my only option is to purchase that cable and access it via the console?

Hi @sophiascoon 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting Lennar Home Community.

Hope you are doing well

As this case is raised by @heroppatel which is resolved long back.

To avoid confusion with posts, you can create your own post with the problem you're facing and a detailed description of the network issue and what you've done so that we can guide you properly.

Thank you again for understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Lennar Home Community.