cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICX7150s Not Powering WAPs

Jemalsimmons
New Contributor

I power reset my ICX 7150 yesterday and since I've been trying to figure out, by using post from this forum, if my switch is working properly or not. After the power reset I've attempted to tftp into the switch to verify the configuration and/or it's settings to no avail. Does anyone have a procedure I can use to console or tftp into the switch to determine if it's operational or not? Is there a YouTube video that details the right steps to take with this switch? Where would I go to find the correct settings for a ICX7150? In this day and age I find it crazy that this information isn't at an easily located site somewhere, like this forum.

Jemal Simmons

7 REPLIES 7

Jayavidhya

Hi @Jemalsimmons 

Greetings of the day,

For detailed understanding of the issue please let us know the LED status of the switch and the access points using the below guide.

R510 LED lights

https://docs.commscope.com/bundle/unleashed-200.12-onlinehelp/page/GUID-19D4261B-D10B-4DE3-B63A-3498...

RUCKUS LED lights

https://docs.commscope.com/bundle/icx7150-installguide/page/GUID-973C8AE8-837A-41C7-9811-BAEF6ADEF3D...

Also please share the image of the switch and the access points showing the LED status and the cable connections.

Here is where you can upload the image/photo :

you can also drag it to the chat.

Please let us know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community

Jaya,

All R510 LED lights are out/extinguished and the ICX 7150 Syst & Pwr = Green, C1 = green, port1-4 = out/extinguished, port 12 amber

1-min.jpg2-min.jpg

Hi @Jemalsimmons 

Based on the images, you have shared it seems like the cables coming from the router/ access points are wrongly connected to the switch.

Please make sure the cable is actually connected to the ICX-7150-C12P ( Switch ) in one of the 12 ports in the middle of the switch

Please let us know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community