cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICX7150 stuck in boot mode - "is not alive" when trying to ping and not able to perform recovery

New Contributor

Hello,

Initially posted this last week with no response.  The switch will not perform basic networking functions like Ping.  I've set the environment per the instructions in several posts.  Can an engineer please respond with some next steps and/or recommendations.

Our home lost power after which, our ICX7150 will no longer boot.  The power light is green and the system light is steady amber.  I've attempted a reset after which all status lights blink amber while power light is steady green.  I have also tried to perform a software recovery following these instructions:   https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-perform-a-Software-re...

I'm stuck at the point where I test the connection via ping. The switch is not able to connect and gives an "is not alive" message when I ping the server IP.  I get the same messaging when I attempt to ping the local IP on the switch as well.  I've tried with multiple machines, network interfaces and cables with exactly the same results.  Are there any other tricks I can try?

My old post:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/WIFI-is-not-showing-up-and-t...

17 REPLIES 17

New Contributor

Putty Image .jpgPC and Switch Image (1).jpg

Hi @50509760 

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the detailed information you shared,

As per the case description, I could understand that you are trying a software recovery of the Switch which is stuck in boot mode. And getting the ping is not alive error. 

Could you please let me know if you have configured your computer IP address manually and TFTP Server as described in the Software recovery guide? (please refer to the screenshot below). If configured as per the guide, please share the screenshot of the same.

Please let me know if you are getting the same error or are stuck at any point in the software recovery process.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Yes, I did everything that you described before i did the post. I followed the recovery document and they had all the steps before I do the ping test. Thanks!

New Contributor

You can also see all the ip's from the putty screenshot