cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICX7150 Switch routing code issue, slow and intermittent internet

asaad1972
New Contributor II

Hi,

I have issues with my Ruckus network. I had a power down issue and Cox issues. Now my Cox network works fine but my Ruckus network has many issues. Internet is very slow or not working at all. My Unleashed app is showing ICX7150-C12-Router and "connecting (discovery)" with red font.

I read many other forums that all point to the routing code issue. I tried to connect with a Putty command line to my switch but the CLI doesn't accept the commands listed on other forums, such as "show flash", "copy flash flash secondary", "boot system flash secondary yes". I am attaching a screenshot of my Putty CLI window.

asaad1972_0-1724551560018.png

I see 3 IP addresses for Ruckus Wireless since I have one switch and two APs. One IP doesn't connect while the second doesn't accept the "enable" command. The third one is the one that I am showing the screenshot from above.

I also tried to connect to the switch with a USB cable but I couldn't find instructions to connect with the serial interface.

Please advise on how to reconfigure the switch out of this Routing mode. 

Thanks

Ashraf

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @asaad1972 

Thank you for your response and the update.

The Unleashed dashboard appears to be functioning normally based on the screenshot you provided.

Please let me know if you encounter any issues with connectivity or performance.

Thank you once again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi
RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

View solution in original post

42 REPLIES 42

asaad1972
New Contributor II

Thanks Imran!

Here is the new screenshot of the switch and I think it should be working fine now. With regards to the rest of the ethernet cables connected to the switch and some devices and rooms in my house, do I need to reconfigure any of them to use the new setup? or will they work without any changes?

Thanks

Ashraf

Screenshot 2024-09-05 111355.jpg

IMG_3030.jpg

Hi @asaad1972 

From the screenshot you provided, it appears that the RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12-P Switch has not yet been added to the Unleashed system.

Please follow the instructions outlined in my previous communication to add it.

As for the other devices, there is no need to reconfigure them; they should continue to function as expected.

If you have any questions or need further assistance, please feel free to reach out.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi  
RUCKUS, Lennar Home Community

asaad1972
New Contributor II

Hi Imran,

Sorry, I may have shared the wrong screenshot because I did follow the instructions to remove and re-add the switch. Here is a screenshot that shows one switch is connected. Is this working as expected now?

Thanks

Ashraf

Screenshot 2024-09-05 114227.jpg

Hi @asaad1972 

The Unleashed dashboard appears to be functioning normally based on the screenshot you provided.

Please let me know if you encounter any issues with connectivity or performance.

Thank you once again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi
RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

asaad1972
New Contributor II

Hi Imran,

Thank you so much for your dedicated support and patience! At this moment, I have a working network and I believe we have done everything possible. My ISP Wi-Fi is fast enough on the top floor and Ruckus WLAN is working fine for  the devices downstairs. We can close this issue now and I appreciate your help!

Thanks

Ashraf