cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICX7150 Switch routing code issue, slow and intermittent internet

asaad1972
New Contributor II

Hi,

I have issues with my Ruckus network. I had a power down issue and Cox issues. Now my Cox network works fine but my Ruckus network has many issues. Internet is very slow or not working at all. My Unleashed app is showing ICX7150-C12-Router and "connecting (discovery)" with red font.

I read many other forums that all point to the routing code issue. I tried to connect with a Putty command line to my switch but the CLI doesn't accept the commands listed on other forums, such as "show flash", "copy flash flash secondary", "boot system flash secondary yes". I am attaching a screenshot of my Putty CLI window.

asaad1972_0-1724551560018.png

I see 3 IP addresses for Ruckus Wireless since I have one switch and two APs. One IP doesn't connect while the second doesn't accept the "enable" command. The third one is the one that I am showing the screenshot from above.

I also tried to connect to the switch with a USB cable but I couldn't find instructions to connect with the serial interface.

Please advise on how to reconfigure the switch out of this Routing mode. 

Thanks

Ashraf

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @asaad1972 

Thank you for your response and the update.

The Unleashed dashboard appears to be functioning normally based on the screenshot you provided.

Please let me know if you encounter any issues with connectivity or performance.

Thank you once again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi
RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

View solution in original post

42 REPLIES 42

Hi @asaad1972 

Thank you for the response and the update.

If there is no active IP address of the Switch, the only option is to get Console CLI access. Please try getting console access to the Switch and try to access CLI.

Here is a guide on how to access to the Switch via console (cable access between your PC to the ICX 7150-C12P) in this case we need a USB type C to USB standard OR Console cable Rj45 to USB (Any one cable- please refer the guide)

How to console in the ICX-7150-C12P

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-console-in-the-ICX-71...

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding. 

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

asaad1972
New Contributor II

Hi Imran,

I tried to connect to the USB-C connector on the switch to my laptop USB-C port after installing the driver. Unfortunately, I still can't connect to the switch and I can't see the CP210x USB in device manager when I connect the cable. Do you know if USB-C to USB-C cable should work since my laptop doesn't have USB-A ports?

Thanks

Ashraf 

Hi @asaad1972 

Thank you for the response and the update.

Both ends of Type-C may have some issues.

You can check using an ethernet cable connecting to the alternate console port on the Switch (Port no. 15 in the below screenshot) that does the same function as the USB type-c port on the Switch. 

Once again, please make sure to download the zip drive for the file below & "extract all". Once it's extracted, run the file, the driver should be installed using the 2 links below.

Link 1: https://support.ruckuswireless.com/software/1414-brocade-ruckus-7150-usb-serial-driver-windows

Link 2: silabs.com/developers/usb-to-uart-bridge-vcp-drivers?tab=downloads

Please check and let me know if that works.

Thank you again. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hi @asaad1972 

Greetings!!!

I trust this message finds you well.

I kindly request an update on the status of the issue so that we may proceed further with resolving it.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Imran Sanadi
RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

asaad1972
New Contributor II

Hi Imran,

I used USB-C to USB-A cable and USB-A to USB-C adaptor to connect the switch to my laptop and I was able to access the switch command line. It was indeed in Router mode and I followed the commands you recommended in the beginning. The switch now is showing "switch" mode not router. Thank you so much for helping me resolve the issue!

The only question I still have is that the speed I am getting from Ruckus AP's is still limited to under 85Mbps, even if I am very close to the AP, while my ISP WiFi is giving me 700Mbps if I am close to the WiFi router. Is this speed limit expected with my Ruckus devices? Or is there other fixes I can do to get the full speed it can offer?

Thanks

Ashraf