cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICX7150 SPS0808D.BIN

Ruckususer1
New Contributor

Hello,

Using Putty Connected manually to the switch It originally showed as SPR and I followed the steps to change it to SPS. I cannot access the  switch via its IP address as I get an error that there is no network connected. My switch does not show on the dashboard. I am having issues keeping devices connected to the internet all my devices randomly drop.

ICX7150 SPS0808D.BIN: I think the switch needs to be upgraded basked on the screen shot showing the version below. All AP'S show updated in the dashboard. How do I upgrade the switch using a WINDOWS pc. I am not technical savy and it took me weeks just to get here.SWITCH.jpg

7 REPLIES 7

Hi @Ruckususer1 

Hope you are doing well today.

I apologize for the delay in responses and the inconvenience of these.

As I can see from the screenshots you attached

Vsquez_Fer_0-1675268033771.jpeg

I see your Switch is running routing code, this code is not recommended for Lennar home users as it creates connectivity issues like the following examples:

-Slow connectivity

-Smart devices like Amazon's Alexa not working as intended.

-Websites not loading.

-Several connectivity issues.

To fix this issue is quite simple since you already have access to the switch.

Using the above commands that I will list, this will fix the issue permanent the ‘routing code issue’, as we will delete the second partition and put the correct partition in its place  ‘SPS’ .

Vsquez_Fer_1-1675268033792.jpeg

As we can see the Switch has the Routing code in the second partition 'SPR'08080d.bin

Commands that you need to run:

Enable

Copy flash flash secondary

Example:

>enable

No password has been assigned yet...

#copy flash flash secondary

What the switch will do is copy the correct image, which is SPS'08080d.bin, in the secondary partition, which will permanently eliminate the routing code. We must wait for the process to finish.

Once the Switch completes the process, we must restart to start running the correct code

#boot system flash primary yes

Here is a short video for demonstration how to to fix this issue ‘ Routing code ‘

VIDEO LINK AS REFERENCE:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eem1IBgYaWc

To solve this issue, it is not necessary to update the optional Serial Switch.

My coworker left 3 links with 3 possible ways to upgrade the Switch:

1- In this option we are using a pendrive or USB flash drive which we move the files to the pendrive and connect it to the Switch then through CLI we execute the update running the commands indicated in the following guide:

How to Upgrade a Switch ICX-7150-C12P using a USB flash drive

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-Upgrade-a-Switch-ICX-... 

2- The following guide is examples for an upgrade via TFTP server, which is an application (FREE) to send files or upload remote files to a device, as in our case, we will use it to update a new version to the Switch, basically it will send remotely the image version from the computer to the switch.

How to upgrade a Switch ICX7150-C12P via TFTP

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-Upgrade-a-Switch-ICX-...

Using the Following link allow you to download the TFTP server app

TFTP 64: https://bitbucket.org/phjounin/tftpd64/downloads/

Vsquez_Fer_2-1675268033793.png

Please let us which of the 2 posts you want to continue with to keep on eye your queries

Best regards 

Fernando Vasquez 

SWITCH UPDATED 201.jpg

The routing code issue is fixed. The internet is not disconnecting every 15min now but it is running very slow which I would assume is because it needs to be upgraded, I do not have log in information to log into the switch. I tried all of the Lennar passwords on the site for the switch and it does not work but I was able to use the Lennar password to get into the unleash app. There is no switch shown on the unleash app.

I am assuming I cant upgrade the switch if I don't know the password even if I am plugged directly to it?

Hi @Ruckususer1 

Thanks for the information provided , it's great to hear that the routing code problem has been fixed.

Technically speaking, there is no correlation between slow internet performance and switch version , nor that the switch does not appear added in the unleashed dashboard.

A slow connection can be caused by some reasons such as:

1-ISP " internet provider " since RUCKUS Devices do not provide Internet (they only distribute it through your home)

2-Bad cables this can be between the local router  to the Switch or between the access points to the switch.

We would like to see if the cables are operating at 1G properly to know that there is not a bad cable.

Please if you can provided us the following commands : 

Enable

show interface brief 

Show inline power 

To verify the connectivity of your internet provider, what we can do is connect your computer directly to the 'Local' Router via Ethernet or Wireless and confirm if the issue persists.

PORT etherent .png

Regarding to your question, we don't need to know the credentials of the Switch to perform an update/upgrade as this can be edited or configured.

Best Regards 

Fernando Vasquez