cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICX7150-C12P-2X1G not Powering up. Cables burnt inside

Maruthi147
New Contributor

I have a Lennar home in a smart neighborhood where every house has the ICX7150-C12P-2X1G.  Mine is no longer powering up and my neighbor mentioned that this device has a lifetime warranty as his failed as well. He called Ruckus, opened a case, worked with support to prove that the device is faulty and won't power up and received a new one and returned the faulty one.  How do I initiate that process ?

I see Burnt marks and cables are burnt internally. I have tried all options in last 15 days and gave up . Please help 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Maruthi147 

Thank you for the response and for sharing the requested information.

This Switch unit Should be RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) in simple words replacing it.

Feel free to contact us via chat, comment you already have a post, copy the link from the post (URL) and paste it into the chat to start the unit replacement.

Please follow the steps as shown in the below example:

As shown in the below picture, copy the link and share it via chat from the link provided below:

The below link is to contact us by chat (only)

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

NOTE: Please feel free to mark the post as ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Kind regards,

Sofia Gätjens

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Sgatjens

Hi @Maruthi147 
Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope you are doing well!

Thank you for the information you shared.
Could you please let us know the answers to the below queries to assist you better?
1. Was this working before or is it a new installation? If it worked before, was there any power outage before you started facing this issue?
2. When did you notice the problem?
3.Don't you see any light, don't you hear any noise? no reaction?

Please refer to the below picture and share a picture of the same, showing the FULL Switch panel cable connections to the Switch ports.

Before uploading the photos please log in to the RUCKUS account and you can upload the image.

Please let me know the answers to ALL the above queries or let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Kind regards

Sofia Gätjens

Maruthi147
New Contributor

1. Was this working before or is it a new installation? If it worked before, was there any power outage before you started facing this issue?

This was installed in 2018 and worked since then 
2. When did you notice the problem? 15 days back we had burnt smell in our waskroon where this is installed , up on checking we saw no light in Ruckus. From then i started trouble shooting all 
3.Don't you see any light, don't you hear any noise? no reaction? I did not see light on Access Points and noticed burnt Smell and marks visbile on Ruckus 

Hi @Maruthi147 
Thank you for the response and the information you shared.

Could you please plug your ICX-7150-C12P Switch into a working power outlet and send us PICTURES and VIDEO of it showing the light status, and cord connected to the Switch and power outlet? Please refer to the below pictures as an example.

Please use the below link to upload a VIDEO:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/16lG-j0MSKzjqBJSY4rsgh4myUlseA9bz?usp=sharing

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Kind regards,

Sofia Gätjens

Hi @Maruthi147 

Thank you for the response and for sharing the requested information.

This Switch unit Should be RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) in simple words replacing it.

Feel free to contact us via chat, comment you already have a post, copy the link from the post (URL) and paste it into the chat to start the unit replacement.

Please follow the steps as shown in the below example:

As shown in the below picture, copy the link and share it via chat from the link provided below:

The below link is to contact us by chat (only)

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

NOTE: Please feel free to mark the post as ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS.

Kind regards,

Sofia Gätjens