I have a Lennar home with an ICX7150-C12. It is configured in switch mode, and I have recently updated both primary and secondary to 08090k (in an attempt to fix my issue, which failed).
It is hard to describe, but I will do my best. If I power cycle my switch, everything works flawlessly for about ~2 hours. After a couple of hours, wired and wireless clients experience continuous drops. YouTube TV starts to show buffering, I cannot join online conference calls, and webpages take 10-25 seconds to load. Just plain old simple continuous drops of internet.
All devices work perfectly if I switch back to the regular four-port switch that the ATT Gateway has (taking the ICX Switch out of the picture).
Any suggestions you can provide for me to fix this would be greatly appreciated.
Based on your description, it looks like your Switch (ICX7150 Switch) may be booting from the secondary partition ( Note: Secondary partition contains the routing code) which is causing the bad connectivity issues. This could happen after multiple power outages, please follow up the next guide.
Once we solve that problem you can upgrade the Switch from the Unleashed site locally.
How to Fix Routing code issues on Lennar Home users via Web GUI.
Note: if you have access to the Unleashed Dashboard and the Switch can be seen from there, it may look like the following image, ICX7150-C12-Router instead of ICX7150-C12-Switch, now before starting the steps of the guide, I will advise you to cable the computer directly to the Switch, since you will have a better connectivity than if you connect via wireless.
After fixing the issue of the Switch booting from the wrong partition, please perform an upgrade to the code 08095g UFI and upgrade both partitions primary and secondary with the switching code file named SPS08095gufi.bin, take into consideration that is the Switch is running a code lower than 08080 you need to upgrade twice, from the code you are to 08080f and then the recommended code 08095g UFI.
How to Upgrade a Switch ICX-7150-C12P using a USB flash drive
I just wanted to let you know that I verified that both partitions were running switch codes (I had recently updated both to ensure that both were SPS codes). I did perform the update from 08090kufi to 08095gufi.
I don't believe this will solve my problem as it was, in fact, already running switch code. I will monitor for a few hours and see if the upgraded image helps. Thanks,