cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICX7150-C12 Router stuck on ICX Switch is Connecting

trinakas
New Contributor

Hi,

I had a power outage at my place and when my router came back online, users in my household kept getting timeouts and buffering issues when playing games and watching movies.  This has never happened before in the ~4 years I've own my Lennar home.

Through some research, I found I was encountering this issue:
https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/ICX-7150-shows-switch-is-not...

I went through the steps to resolve and I'm getting an IP address now, which is great, but now it's stuck on this Connecting (discovery) state.  Further research through other subjects either weren't helpful or I didn't feel comfortable flashing unknown versions or changing configurations.  Here are some diagnostic images for analysis:

RuckusSwitchConnecting.png
RuckusSwitchCabling.jpegRuckusSwitchShowVersion.pngRuckusSwitchShowFlash.jpeg.pngRuckusSwitchShowWho.png

Please advise.  Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

pinky_ruckus

Hello @trinakas ,

Greetings!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared and the screenshots.

From the case description, I understand that the version on the Switch is 08.0.90d.

We recommend transitioning to version 08.0.95g, identified as the stable version for Lennar Home users.

To facilitate this transition, we have recently introduced an upgrade tool tailored to ensure a seamless process. Utilizing this tool is straightforward: users simply need to input the IP Address, Username, and password associated with the Switch into the software interface.

For your convenience, please find the necessary resources below:

1. Download the Upgrade software for Windows: Link: Upgrade Software for Windows
  2. Access the Upgrade Software User Manual: Link: Upgrade Tool User Guide for Lennar SmartHome users

Once the upgrade is completed, the Switch will reboot and it will connect to the Unleashed

Please note: For now the tool works only on 08080f and versions between 08095g.

We highly value your input and would greatly appreciate your feedback on our upgrade tool. Your insights are instrumental in our ongoing efforts to enhance user experience and ensure the tool meets your needs effectively. Please take a moment to share your thoughts, suggestions, or any issues you encountered while using the tool. Your feedback is invaluable to us and will guide us in further improving the tool for all our users. Thank you for your time and contribution.

Should you require any assistance throughout the process, please do not hesitate to reach out. Your satisfaction is our priority, and we are here to support you every step of the way.

Thank you once again for your patience and cooperation.

Regards,

Pinky Rajendran

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

pinky_ruckus

Hello @trinakas ,

Greetings!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared and the screenshots.

From the case description, I understand that the version on the Switch is 08.0.90d.

We recommend transitioning to version 08.0.95g, identified as the stable version for Lennar Home users.

To facilitate this transition, we have recently introduced an upgrade tool tailored to ensure a seamless process. Utilizing this tool is straightforward: users simply need to input the IP Address, Username, and password associated with the Switch into the software interface.

For your convenience, please find the necessary resources below:

1. Download the Upgrade software for Windows: Link: Upgrade Software for Windows
  2. Access the Upgrade Software User Manual: Link: Upgrade Tool User Guide for Lennar SmartHome users

Once the upgrade is completed, the Switch will reboot and it will connect to the Unleashed

Please note: For now the tool works only on 08080f and versions between 08095g.

We highly value your input and would greatly appreciate your feedback on our upgrade tool. Your insights are instrumental in our ongoing efforts to enhance user experience and ensure the tool meets your needs effectively. Please take a moment to share your thoughts, suggestions, or any issues you encountered while using the tool. Your feedback is invaluable to us and will guide us in further improving the tool for all our users. Thank you for your time and contribution.

Should you require any assistance throughout the process, please do not hesitate to reach out. Your satisfaction is our priority, and we are here to support you every step of the way.

Thank you once again for your patience and cooperation.

Regards,

Pinky Rajendran

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

trinakas
New Contributor

Hi Pinky,

Thank you for the response. 

I was able to download the app, run it, connect to the switch, perform the upgrade and after about 20 mins it looked like everything came back online, but the upgrade software didn't reconnect.  It just hung with the dialog open saying not to close it.  I had my putty session open the whole time connected by the serial port and was able to observe the whole process which was kind of neat.  I didn't see any further action there so I closed the dialog anyway, ran it again, it connected again, and went to 100% green saying successful.  I see the latest version of 08.0.95g is installed.  I reopened the Ruckus iOS app and the status for the switch looks good (Connected) now. 

I really appreciate the help!

Hello @trinakas ,

Greetings!

Thank you for sharing the response.

We are glad to know that you were able to reset the Switch and is resolved now.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

NOTE: Please feel free to mark the post as ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Pinky Rajendran

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.