cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICX7150-48 Fails to boot - UBIFS error and Soft Lockup

neonlurch
New Contributor

I have a switch that is failing to boot properly. I've tried reloading the Uboot, primary and secondary partitions via TFTP with new or updated code and get the same error during the boot sequence. Followed by the CPU Softlockup messages. 

Starting kernel ...

Mounting file system...
booting with 4.4 kernel
NAND Type: Micron NAND 2GiB (x 1)
PLATFORM MN
dd cmd: UBI
ubi0 error: ubi_io_read: error -74 (ECC error) while reading 1040384 bytes from PEB 1272:8192, read 1040384 bytes
UBIFS error (ubi0:0 pid 604): ubifs_recover_leb: corruption -3
UBIFS error (ubi0:0 pid 604): ubifs_check_node: bad node length 525360
UBIFS error (ubi0:0 pid 604): ubifs_check_node: bad node at LEB 44:786432

[BrcdSoftlockup]: BUG: soft lockup - CPU#0 stuck for 22s! [mount:604]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @neonlurch 

Thank you for the details provided, based on the troubleshooting you have done since the software recovery is not working, it seems both partitions are damaged, so this unit must be RMA (return merchandise authorization ), which means to replace it, contact us via chat, I will add the link, comment that you already have a post that we have approved the RMA for you, copy the link from this post and paste it into the chat to initiate the unit replacement.

Link for the chat:

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

Note: Please feel free to mark the post as ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Yarenis_0-1672332036770.png

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández.

Technical Support Engineer | L2 TAC Wired | Lennar Home Community

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Yarenis

Hi @neonlurch 

Please perform a software recovery, if the Switch stills not responding, open a case if you are an enterprise client.

Recovering Software

https://docs.commscope.com/bundle/fastiron-08090-upgradeguide/page/GUID-9B5D5A56-039D-44FB-8FD2-B9B5...

Ruckus ICX Recovery Load boot code from boot monitor tutorial video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHriOYYD_iI&t=7s

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández.

That is what I followed previously with a couple different versions of code. I'll give it a try again tomorrow. 

As I'm not the original owner of this switch and don't have support, support wasn't able to open a case for me. 

I also found the following articles which may be the same issue, but can't see if they have any additional information. 

Hi @neonlurch 

Those defects are for licensing and an old code 08061, and the Lennar home switches does not use any type of license, now take in consideration that is not just about to move the Switch from boot mode, also an upgrade must be run to the recommended code 08095g UFI, now we recommend performing the software recovery with the code 08090k, if today when perform the software recovery the Switch still no booting from any partition, please share the all the logs during the process since you did the configuration until you perform the upgrade in boot mode in both partitions. 

Note: I thought you were enterprise clients, only enterprise clients can open cases.

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández.