cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICX7150-12 reset issue

todd_fulcher
New Contributor

Hello all, I'm pretty new to these Ruckus devices. We bought a Lennar home last year and it has an ICX7150-12 with four R320 access points. It's worked fine up until now, but this week, we had a power outage while I was out of town and my wife kept complaining that the wifi wasn't working. I got back and found that my computer (hard wired to the switch) works fine, and if I connect my laptop to the AT&T router's wifi, that works great. However, if I connect to the Unleashed network, I get no internet. If I unplug the switch and let it reboot, or unplug the four access points and let them reboot, then my Internet is restored a few minutes later on the Unleashed network. (I force my phone to use this network by turning off my T-Mobile data connection and ensuring I'm on "unleashed" as my SSID).  However, after some period of time, the Unleashed network again loses it's connection. 

Lennar provided us with ZERO information about how to configure these things. What I want to do is factory reset everything and start over so that I can get the switch on a proper management IP and I can configure login name and password for the device. However, I've been going through the steps in the RUCKUS ICX 7150 Switch Hardware Installation Guide, and I'm just having no luck.

I have terminal access to the device. I restart it and press "b" to access the boot monitor mode.  I then enter "no password", press Enter, and then type "boot" as instructed. That all seems to work. However, after it finishes booting, it prompts me for a username. I've tried "root" and "Super" and "super" but no matter what I enter, I'm still prompted for a password, and just leaving it blank always results in a login failure.

So, I then tried factory resetting the device. I unplug the power, then stick a pin in the reset port and power it back on. I wait until the lights start flashing amber and then release it. (I've released it immediately after they start flashing amber and also after about 20 seconds of them flashing amber).  Again, it restarts, but when it gets back to the login prompt, I cannot log in and I'm not prompted to set a password or anything. It's like it just keeps reading the configuration it already had stored, and I cannot figure out how to successfully reset the device. 

Any help would be most appreciated. I know this system is really expensive and don't want to have to toss it and start with another product if I can help it. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Vásquez_Fer

Hi @todd_fulcher 

Hope you are doing well

Your issue is quite simple to solve.

This is due to after the blackout your (Ruckus switch) began to run routing. We can know it with this indication SPR08090d that R it means Routing code , basically we have to change the code to switching back.

I will leave you a list of default credentials to access to the switch , also try the same credentials that you use to access to the unleashed dashboard

Default credentials for Lennar Homes
User: admin Password: Lennar
User: admin Password: Ruckus!
user: super Password: sp-admin
User: admin Password: password
User: admin Password: admin
User: admin Password: sp-admin
User: admin Password: Ruckus1
User: admin Password: ruckus

Also I will leave a password recovery video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJS28DWbHM4

Another option will be in the OS mode to try to force the device to boot up from the primary image

OS>reset 1

Boot from 0->reload, 1->primary, 2->secondary

If you can have access to the switch you can run the following commands in oder to prevent this issue in the future

ICX7150-24P Router>ena
ICX7150-24P Router#show flash

Most of the Lennar homes has the switching code in the primary image (SPS08090d) with the following command we are going to remove the routing code image in to the secondary in order to avoid this issue if there is any power outage in the future

ICX7150-24P Router#copy flash flash secondary

I hope this can be helpful!!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hi Vasquez!

I am having the same issue as Todd and am trying to get into the switch to perform the copy flash flash secondary command but the username/password combinations did not work. I too, bought a home from Lennar and they installed a icx-7150. Are there any other default password combos they could have used? 

FYI, the video you linked is the same video to remove the enable password not to reset the username and login.
Thank you
Chris

Hi @alkrin13 

Please try the telnet option also SSH combination Key sensitive:

username: admin password : Lennar / username : admin password : Ruckus! / username : admin password :Ruckus1 / username : super password : sp-admin 

If none of the passwords work, you need to access via the console:

How to console in the ICX-7150-C12P

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-console-in-the-ICX-71...

Password recovery 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJS28DWbHM4

1.Start a CLI session over the serial ( console access) interface to the RUCKUS ICX device.

2-Enter OS mode. This uses a key combination and drops below the fastiron operating system

Key Combination: Ctrl+y, release, tap 'm', tap 'Enter'

OS>

4-just write reset

OS>reset

5-.While the system is booting, before the initial system prompt appears,
enter b to enter the boot monitor mode.

Enter 'b' to stop at boot monitor: 0

In this Part you have to press B before the counter ends

6-Enter no password. (You cannot abbreviate this command.)

ICX7650-Boot> no password
00 00 00 00
OK! Skip password check when the system is up.

7-Enter boot. This command causes the device to bypass the system password
check.

ICX7650-Boot> boot

8-After the console prompt reappears, assign a new password.

Best Regards 

Fernando Vasquez