cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICX Switch is pending to join"(ICX7150-C12)

Vectorfire
New Contributor

Lennar home, second owner trying to gain control of the setup in the home.

I have performed a factory reset of the one AP, and then rebooted the switch. I used the Unleashed app and setup typical install.

My only problem is that I am stuck at "ICX Switch is pending to join"(ICX7150-C12).

The original homeowner appears to have changed the default admin password on the switch, so I have no way to SSH in or administer it.

My question is, If I perform a factory reset of the ICX switch, will it simply work when it reboots?

As it is now, the switch is pulling an IP and my wired devices connected to the switch are able to have an IP and browse the internet. If I factory reset it, when it reboots, will it require all sorts of configuration to get working again, or will it just act as a dumb switch and function?

I am in no way qualified to do any crazy configuring, so I'm hesitant to ruin what is now, a semi-functioning network for the moment, simply to gain further control.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

12 REPLIES 12

Imran_ruckus

Hello @Vectorfire 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for reaching out to RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I trust this message finds you well.

I appreciate the information you have provided regarding your efforts to set up your RUCKUS devices in your recently relocated Lennar home.

To assist you further, could you please log into Unleashed and share a full screenshot of the "ICX Switch is pending to join" message from a Laptop web browser? This will enable us to better understand the current status and provide you with appropriate assistance.

Your cooperation and patience are greatly appreciated as we work towards resolving this matter.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi
RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

Hello @Vectorfire 

Thank you for your response and the information you shared.

To proceed with diagnosing the issue, it's important to gather information about the switch configurations. Below are the steps to access the Command Line Interface (CLI) of the RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch and execute the necessary commands:

1. Identify the current IP address assigned to the switch: I recommend following the guide provided in the link below to perform an IP scan on your local network. This will help identify the IP address of the switch easily: https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/How-to-find-the-IP-Address-o...

2. Access the Command Line Interface (CLI) of the switch: Once you have identified the IP address of the switch, proceed to access the CLI remotely using the steps outlined in the following guide: 

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/How-to-access-the-Command-Li...

Upon successful access, the CLI prompt should appear as either 

"ICX7150-C12 Router>" or "ICX7150-C12 Switch>"

Once logged in to the CLI, please enter the following commands and share the output:

enable
show version
show flash

Please share the output of these commands or screenshots if you encounter any errors or have any queries during the process.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation. We are committed to assisting you in resolving this issue.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi
RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

I am unable to follow your instructions, as I am unable to gain access via the CLI.

The admin password for the switch has been modified from default by the previous home owner.

I attempted to gain access using all the provided default passwords listed here with no success:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Default-switch-user-password...