cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICX 7150 c12p Connecting (discovery)

jedy52
New Contributor

After doing a software recovery using the guided links and videos on youtube.

On my unleash app.  Port switch still shows discovery... been 1hr..  what are the next steps???

System Light and Pwr is green.  3 of my  AP R510 working but only on 2.4ghz

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @jedy52 

Thank you for the response and the update.

Apologies, as I see from the screenshot you shared, your RUCKUS Switch isn’t getting upgraded as per the process. You have used Switch IP Address in place of TFTP IP Address (Please refer to the below screenshot). Please use the TFTP IP Address in the command. (command- ‘copy tftp flash <tftp ip address> SPS08095gufi.bin primary').

It should look like as shown in the below screenshot.

Please follow the below steps as shown in the screenshot.

1. Browse and select the Upgrade folder containing .bin file. (192.168.0.2 is the TFTP IP address in the below example, please use your TFTP IP address in same place)

2. Click on ‘Show Dir’>>select 1st file>>hit copy

3. Open the CLI/Telnet and type the below command and copy the SPS08095gufi.bin file by right click on the mouse. (Ex: copy tftp flash <ip address> <right click> primary) Press Enter and now your tftp image will start copying.

copy tftp flash <tftp ip address> SPS08095gufi.bin primary

Please check and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

View solution in original post

29 REPLIES 29

That's weird Imran.... I've never moved that orange cable for 4yrs.  I can try that and hopefully it will work this time...

jedy52
New Contributor

why isnt my switch updating on my unleash app...... still shows connecting? as pictured above.  is it good to upgrade software version?

jedy52
New Contributor

Screenshot 2023-10-12 at 8.42.24 AM.png

my switch still shows disconnected on the unleashed admin.  how to i fix this

Hi @jedy52 

Thank you for the information you shared.

We may have to check some switch configurations which helps us troubleshooting the issue.

Could you please download the Putty Application and try to log in to the CLI using the Switch IP Address from the IP Scan and share the output of the below commands?

Putty download link:https://www.putty.org/ 

You could try the SSH Or Telnet option to log in to CLI (Putty) as described in the same guide- Please refer below

SSH- Port 22 

OR

Telnet – Port 23 (If SSH doesn’t work)

If you can access the Command line should look like this:

ICX7150-C12 Router> OR

ICX7150-C12 Switch>

Please enter the below commands once you log in to CLI and share the output.

Note: Hit Enter to accept each command 

enable 

show version

show flash

Please share the output of the above commands or share the screenshots if stuck at any step or error (if any) and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

i'll try it abit later....I already have putty..  does this mean i have to connect with the 2 cables again from usb-c and rj-45 from console to my pc?