cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICX 7150 c12p Connecting (discovery)

jedy52
New Contributor

After doing a software recovery using the guided links and videos on youtube.

On my unleash app.  Port switch still shows discovery... been 1hr..  what are the next steps???

System Light and Pwr is green.  3 of my  AP R510 working but only on 2.4ghz

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @jedy52 

Thank you for the response and the update.

Apologies, as I see from the screenshot you shared, your RUCKUS Switch isn’t getting upgraded as per the process. You have used Switch IP Address in place of TFTP IP Address (Please refer to the below screenshot). Please use the TFTP IP Address in the command. (command- ‘copy tftp flash <tftp ip address> SPS08095gufi.bin primary').

It should look like as shown in the below screenshot.

Please follow the below steps as shown in the screenshot.

1. Browse and select the Upgrade folder containing .bin file. (192.168.0.2 is the TFTP IP address in the below example, please use your TFTP IP address in same place)

2. Click on ‘Show Dir’>>select 1st file>>hit copy

3. Open the CLI/Telnet and type the below command and copy the SPS08095gufi.bin file by right click on the mouse. (Ex: copy tftp flash <ip address> <right click> primary) Press Enter and now your tftp image will start copying.

copy tftp flash <tftp ip address> SPS08095gufi.bin primary

Please check and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

View solution in original post

29 REPLIES 29

jedy52
New Contributor

it seems like i can only see my ip address and no other info in it....IMG_1643.jpg

Hi @jedy52 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As per the case description, I understand that your RUCKUS setup is not working, with the RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch disconnected on the Unleashed system.

Could you please let us know the answers to the below queries to assist you better?

1. Was this working before or is it a new installation? If it worked before, was there any power outage before you started facing this issue?

2. Please refer to the below picture and share a picture of the same, showing the FULL Switch panel cable connections to the Switch ports.

Before uploading the photos please log in to the RUCKUS account and you can upload the image.

Please let me know the answers to ALL the above queries or let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Imran

Thanks for your prompt response... This was installed 4yrs ago by Lennar.  Had issues before but was able to get assistance maybe 4-5x in the past 4yrs..   No power outage.

Just tried to restart and reset then the whole system wouldn't bootup until i did the software recovery on the console using the guided steps through tftp and putty.

Now. it booted up. my AP R510's workinng, but the switch still not showing firmware and SN, and Mac Address.   cant even get through the https://unleashed.ruckuswireless.com/admin/login.jsp

IMG_1644.JPG

Hi @jedy52 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the detailed information you shared. 

As I see from the picture you shared, seems like the ethernet cable which is coming from the ISP’s (Internet Service Provider’s) Router or Modem/Router combo is plugged into the wrong port on the Switch panel. It must be plugged into any 1 in-12 ports as shown in the below screenshot. Please unplug the ethernet cable and plug it into the correct port and try again. If required reboot (unplug and plug from the power outlet) the ISP Router and the RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch once.

Please refer to the short guide link below about how to connect the devices as reference:

Most common Setups for Lennar homes users:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Most-common-Setups-for-Lenna...

Please check and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi