cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICX 7150 c12p Connecting (discovery)

jedy52
New Contributor

After doing a software recovery using the guided links and videos on youtube.

On my unleash app.  Port switch still shows discovery... been 1hr..  what are the next steps???

System Light and Pwr is green.  3 of my  AP R510 working but only on 2.4ghz

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @jedy52 

Thank you for the response and the update.

Apologies, as I see from the screenshot you shared, your RUCKUS Switch isn’t getting upgraded as per the process. You have used Switch IP Address in place of TFTP IP Address (Please refer to the below screenshot). Please use the TFTP IP Address in the command. (command- ‘copy tftp flash <tftp ip address> SPS08095gufi.bin primary').

It should look like as shown in the below screenshot.

Please follow the below steps as shown in the screenshot.

1. Browse and select the Upgrade folder containing .bin file. (192.168.0.2 is the TFTP IP address in the below example, please use your TFTP IP address in same place)

2. Click on ‘Show Dir’>>select 1st file>>hit copy

3. Open the CLI/Telnet and type the below command and copy the SPS08095gufi.bin file by right click on the mouse. (Ex: copy tftp flash <ip address> <right click> primary) Press Enter and now your tftp image will start copying.

copy tftp flash <tftp ip address> SPS08095gufi.bin primary

Please check and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

View solution in original post

29 REPLIES 29

Hi @jedy52 

Thank you for the response and the information you shared.

We do NOT need to connect any cables between the RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch and the Laptop.

Please just enter the Switch IP Address into the Putty to access the CLI via SSH/Telnet as described in my previous post and help me with the command outputs.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Imran,

Is this correct.. wasnt able to get through SSH but Telnet 

are the commands correct?IMG_1658.jpg

Hi @jedy52 

Yes, this is the information we require.

I see your RUCKUS Switch is on the correct SPS code as you have performed software recovery to the Switch recently.

To check this further, could you please the output of the below command as well?

enable 

show who

Please share the output of the above commands and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

IMG_1660.JPG

Hi @jedy52 

I see the SSH access on your Switch is in a disabled state (please refer to the below screenshot), is the reason your RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch is not getting connected in the Unleashed system.

Please execute the below commands in the CLI which enabled SSH, and your Switch should get connected in the Unleashed system.

telnet@ICX7150-C12-Switch>enable

telnet@ICX7150-C12-Switch#configure terminal

telnet@ICX7150-24P Switch(config)#crypto key generate

Please follow to the above process and confirm if the SSH status is enabled from the ‘show ip ssh config’ command. Once it is confirmed, please check the Switch status on the Unleashed dashboard.

As I see your Switch is on a Non-UFI version (highlighted in the below screenshot). We suggest upgrading your switch to the latest UFI stable version to avoid this issue in the future. Please let us know once you complete the above process to assist you with the Upgrade of the Switch.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi