cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICX-7150-C12P takes multiple attempts to boot

UESCDurandal
New Contributor

When my switch loses power for any reason it will fail to boot on it's own. I have attempted the hard reset by pressing and holding the reset button while applying power to the switch, however it doesn't appear to take. If I console into the switch and run the boot command then I'll mostly see the following error with the Primary and Secondary images:
BOOTING image from Primary

NAND read: device 0 offset 0x0, size 0x2000000
3 ecc_errors after reading 1aea000:1aebc00
iproc_nand_read_page returned 2
NAND read from offset 0 failed -22
0 bytes read: ERROR
## Loading kernel from FIT Image at 70000200 ...
Bad FIT kernel image format!
ERROR: can't get kernel image!
If I run the boot command more than a dozen times then eventually the image will load and bring functions online. I can provide console output logs that contain more error details.

The switch is currently running firmware version SPS08092b. I have attempted to transfer new image and uboot files over TFTP but the transfer always times out. Is this problem indicative of a hardware failure? If so, how can I invoke the warranty? If this doesn't appear to be a hardware failure, would it be safe to perform an update or restore via the Unleashed admin console? If so, which file should I download and use based on this model and current firmware?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yarenis

Hi @ UESCDurandal

Thank you for the details provided, based on the troubleshooting you have done since the software recovery is not working, it seems both partitions are damaged, so the drive should be RMA (return merchandise authorization ), which means to replace it.

Contact us via chat, comment that you already have a post that we have approved the RMA for you, copy the link from this post and paste it into the chat to initiate the unit replacement.

Link:

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández.

Technical Support Engineer | L2 TAC Wired

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Yarenis

Hi @ UESCDurandal

Thank you for the details provided, based on the troubleshooting you have done since the software recovery is not working, it seems both partitions are damaged, so the drive should be RMA (return merchandise authorization ), which means to replace it.

Contact us via chat, comment that you already have a post that we have approved the RMA for you, copy the link from this post and paste it into the chat to initiate the unit replacement.

Link:

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández.

Technical Support Engineer | L2 TAC Wired