cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICX 7150-C12P has no IP address

KenB2386
New Contributor

My smarthome was built in May 2018 and includes this switch, 2 R510 APs, and a Ring doorbell. I installed a Netgear R6400 router before the Amazon tech installed the smarthome package. I have added additional ethernet drops but all the original cabling is unchanged and it looks like the switch is running the original 2017 firmware.

I had no problems until recently when my doorbell went offline and discovered the switch is not logically connected to my network (advanced IP scanner had no record for its MAC ID).

I finally got connected to the USB-C port so I could get to the command line interface and "show ip" also reports it has no IP address. I have no idea if it ever had one.

I have not found anything about cabling the router to the switch but note there is a cable from the router's first port to port 11 of the switch and am assuming any switch port would be OK but have not found confirmation of that.

The power and syst lights are green. I see only blinking green and amber lights on the ports that are not dark and I am not aware of anything that is malfunctioning except the doorbell.

Interestingly enough, the light for the doorbell port is also blinking amber even though it requires PoE and is getting none.

Insight and fixes would be appreciated.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @KenB2386 

Thank you for the update.

Have great weekend ahead.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Imran_ruckus

Hi @KenB2386 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As per the case description, I understand that your RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P is not receiving any IP address from the Internet Service Provider’s (ISP) Router. You confirmed it from the Switch Console CLI using 'show ip' command.

We could try to factory reset the Switch and try to find if it gets an IP address assigned by the ISP Router.

Please note, that there will NOT be any loss of data or configuration. Factory reset will just reset with the default configuration.

Please perform the below commands in the Command line (CLI) to factory reset the RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch. (Also please refer to the below screenshot)

Please enter the below commands once you log in to CLI and share the output.

Note: Hit Enter to accept each command 

enable 

erase system factory-default

y

Please check and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

As you now know, those commands do not work on my 08061a firmware.

However, the full upgrade to 08095g did end up with the switch having a IP address.

Hi @KenB2386 

Thank you for the update.

Have great weekend ahead.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi