cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICX 7150-C12P change ports

reem1906
New Contributor

I moved into a Lennar Home with two R510 access points and an ICX 7150-C12P already installed. After some research, I got everything to work well. The issue is about once per day, the WiFi from the access points goes out or gets extremely slow and it only goes back to normal when I switch the ethernet cable to another port on the ICX 7150-C12P. It happens at different times of the day, but it seems that there are about 18-20 hours of WiFi using one port, and then the WiFi either goes out or gets super slow, I change to another port on the back of the ICX, and then it's back to normal. This really is a daily issue. Any advice? PLEASE!

9 REPLIES 9

Hi @reem1906 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the information you shared.

You should see the Switch Dashboard as shown in the below screenshot to confirm it’s a Switch IP Address. 

Please check the other IP Addresses from the IP scan results, by the name of Ruckus Wireless or Brocade Communications to confirm the IP address of the Switch and access the CLI. Please share the screenshot of the IP Scan results.

Please check and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I have scanned the IP addresses and this is what appears. As you can see, "Ruckus Wireless" appears twice, but the switch does not appear at all. I assume those are the access points showing. I have tried both IP addresses in the command line of the terminal (I am using a MacBook) and nothing happens when I follow the instructions. I also looked at my unleashed dashboard and do not see the switch appearing (see picture included). Could this all be a part of the same issue on why my WiFi disconnects?IMG_0474.jpgIMG_0475.jpg

Hi @reem1906 

Thank you for the response and the information you shared.

Could you please reboot (unplug and plug from the power outlet) your RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch and ISP (Internet Service Provider) Router once and run the IP scan once again, check if there is any IP Address with the name Ruckus Wireless or Brocade communications which refers to the Switch? And also check Unleashed system after the reboot, if there is switch gets appear.

Could you please share a screenshot showing the version of your Unleashed system? (Please refer to the below screenshot)

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Good evening! I unplugged both the switch and the ISP router for a few minutes, plugged back in the router first until it was fully booted, and then plugged in the switch. I ran the ISP scan and it the switch still doesn't appear. I searched for it while connected to the ISP network and then I searched for it while connected to the Ruckus network created from access points; the switch never appeared. I am now attaching the screenshot of the version I'm using for the Unleashed system. Both access points have the same version; I updated it a few days ago.IMG_0476.jpg

Hi @reem1906 

Thank you for the response and the update.

Yes, your both Unleashed Access Points are updated to a newly released version. You can uninstall, and install the Unleashed Application on your iOS device and try to log in.

Please unplug and plug the ethernet cables to any other 1 in-12 ports on the Switch (As highlighted in the below screenshot) and check the unleashed if there is a Switch gets appears.

Please check and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi