cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICX 7150-C12P Web GUI Login Assistance

bgross986
New Contributor

Hello team, 

I've always wondered why I didn't see my switch in the web admin for my r510 network, so I put the IP address for the switch into a browser and got prompted for credentials: I've tried the creds on the sticker on the switch and all the combinations for username and password in this forum but I can't log into the switch. I find it weird non of these combos worked

a factory reset would set the switch back to default settings but technically I'm not having any technical issues with it just can't "see it, manage it" 

on device: username: admin password: Lennar

from forum: username: admin password: Lennar, lennar, ruckus, Ruckus!, Ruckus1, admin, password

from forum: username: super password sp-admin

from forum: username: Admin password: sp-admin

from forum: username: Super password: Lennar, lennar, ruckus, Ruckus!, Ruckus1, admin, password

23 REPLIES 23

Hi @bgross986 

Thank you for the response and the update.

To check further, please follow the process and help me with the below commands.

First, enable Telnet: Refer to the below screenshot.

Once you enable Telnet try to access CLI from the MAC terminal as described below. And share the output of the commands mentioned below in this post.

If you have a MAC device, please try the below process. 

Example "open terminal":

Telnet: Example

nc 10.0.0.132 23 (Format is : nc <ip address of the switch> 23)

Please enter the below commands once you log in to CLI and share the output.

Note: Hit Enter to accept each command 

enable

show version

show flash

show inline power

show inline power detail

show interface brief

Please share the output of the above commands and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hello Imran, here are the screenshotsScreen Shot 2024-07-18 at 12.01.33 PM.pngScreen Shot 2024-07-18 at 12.03.37 PM.png

Hi @bgross986 

Thank you for the response and the information.

As per the command outputs, switch seems in a normal state.

The both Switch partitions should run on the Switching code (SPS) to avoid these issues for Lennar home users. Second partition on your Switch is running on SPR code. Please perform the below commands to copy SPS on the secondary partition.

enable

copy flash flash secondary  (hit enter to accept the command and wait: until the flash finished) 
boot system flash secondary yes (hit enter to accept the command: the switch will reboot and takes some minutes to complete)

Once Switch completes the reboot, you can use the below commands to reset your Switch username/password.

ICX7150-12P Switch>enable

ICX7150-12P Switch#configure terminal

ICX7150-12P Switch#username super password pass

Where the username is ’super’ and password ‘pass’ (You could choose any of your choices)

To allow the correct authentication please run the following commands:

ICX7150-12P Switch (config)#crypto key generate rsa

ICX7150-12P Switch (config)#aaa authentication login default local
ICX7150-12P Switch (config)#aaa authentication web-server default local

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

that did it Imran,

now my hardwired devices are getting gigabit throughput and even my wireless devices are getting speediest results above 100Mbps so I guess my last question is should I update the switch software to 08.0.95g or leave things as they are?

Hello @bgross986 

Thank you for your response and the update.

Yes, we recommend upgrading the Switch to the recommended stable UFI version.

For detailed guidance on the upgrade process, please refer to the RUCKUS Lennar Knowledge Base self-help article available here: 

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/How-to-upgrade-RUCKUS-ICX-71...

Please feel free to reach out if you encounter any challenges during the upgrade process.

Thank you once again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi  
RUCKUS Lennar Home Community