cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICX 7150 C12P Admin login incorrect and can't console

laurentaylor089
New Contributor

OUR RUCKUS HASNT BEEN WORKING FOR 4 MONTHS NOW:

We recently had a power outage and our wifi stopped working well. In the unleashed portal i saw our switch was noted as disconnected. On the physical switch the SYST and PWR Lights  are green and everything appears to be fine same with all of our APs. Research in this portal led me to this post https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Unstable-Lennar-Ruckus-Servi... and I also tried to access via inputing the IP address of switch in browser and login, but non of the various combinations of passwords from the forum worked. When going through the steps in the linked post this was the command line issues i received. 

"

Last login: Sat Jan 13 17:14:07 on console

laurentaylor@Laurens-Air ~ % nc 192.168.1.164 23

laurentaylor@Laurens-Air ~ % ssh admin@192.168.1.164

Unable to negotiate with 192.168.1.164 port 22: no matching key exchange method found. Their offer: diffie-hellman-group14-sha1,diffie-hellman-group1-sha1

laurentaylor@Laurens-Air ~ % ssh super@192.168.1.164

Unable to negotiate with 192.168.1.164 port 22: no matching key exchange method found. Their offer: diffie-hellman-group14-sha1,diffie-hellman-group1-sha1

laurentaylor@Laurens-Air ~ % 

"IMG_2057.jpgScreen Shot 2024-01-13 at 4.42.24 PM (2).pngIMG_1452.jpg

6 REPLIES 6

Imran_ruckus

Hi @laurentaylor089 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As per the case description, I understand that your RUCKUS setup is not working after a power outage.

From the Pictures you shared, the RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch and Access Point are in a normal state.

This issue is when the Switch runs on the Routing code (SPR). The Switch should run on the Switching code (SPS) to avoid these issues for Lennar home users. If the Switch boots up on the other partition (Due to a power outage/power spike) which may be running on a ‘Routing Code’ results in causing this issue. To fix the same please follow the below process.

Could you please try to access the RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch on a Laptop web browser? Please confirm the Switch IP address once again by performing the IP Scan. 

Please refer to the below RUCKUS Lennar Knowledge base self-help article on how to perform IP Scan and find the Switch IP Address.

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/How-to-find-the-IP-Address-o...

Please check the other IP Addresses from the IP scan results, by the name of Ruckus Wireless or Brocade Communications to confirm the IP address of the Switch.

You should see the Switch Dashboard as shown in the below screenshot to confirm it’s a Switch IP Address. 

Please try to log in if you can access Switch on a web browser and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I was able to get to the first photo you uploaded but i cannot log in. As you saw in my first post I dont have the password and none of the standard ones in the forums have worked 

I tried a new password and now I am logged in to the Switch. What do I do next? 

I tried a new password and now I am logged in to the Switch. What do I do next?