cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I schedule a service call to get my RUKUS APs working again?

Gary_Rodzewicz
New Contributor

I need internet access to work from home and urgently request help.  Gary Rodzewicz (407-232-2097 or Gary.Rodzewicz@Lennar.com).

18 REPLIES 18

From the attached photographs,

1. There are no "STATUS" lights on (STAT SPD ID USB PoE are all 'off')

2. SYST and PWR are both 'green'  MS UPDATE DIAG and CLD are all 'off'

3. PoE devices (port 2 [Ring Elite], port 4 [R510#1], and port 6 [R510#2]) status lights are 'off'

4. Non-PoE devices (ports 3,5, and 7) are 'amber'

5. Ethernet In (port 1) from router is 'green'

Hi @Gary_Rodzewicz 

Greetings of the day!!!

Thank you for the response and the detailed information.

Please follow the below steps and help us with the queries,

1. To check this issue, we must identify the ‘current’ IP address assigned by your local router to the switch ICX-7150-C12P

I will leave you a guide on how to perform an IP scanner on your local network to identify the switch IP address very easily. 

How to find my Ruckus “Devices IP address” using free applications:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-find-my-Ruckus-Device...

2. Once we identify the IP address of the switch proceed to access remotely to the device “Command Line” 

How to remotely access to 'ICX 7150-C12P' or 'access points' "Network devices":

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-remotely-access-to-IC...

If you can access the Command line should look like this:

ICX7150-C12 Router> OR

ICX7150-C12 Switch>

Please enter the below commands once you log in to CLI and share the output.

Note: Hit Enter to accept each command 

enable

show version
show inline power 
show inline power detail 

Please share the output of the above commands or share the screenshots if stuck at any step or error (if any) and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Lennar Home Community.

Gary_Rodzewicz
New Contributor

The up scanner is not showing an IP address for the Rukus.  My router does not show one either.  My router shows a non-responsive MAC but no IP.

Hi @Gary_Rodzewicz 

Thank you for the response and the update.

Please make sure your device which runs an IP scanner is connected to the same Router Wi-Fi or Internet that is connected to your Switch, in order to display the IP address of the Switch. You could also check from the IP Scanner Mobile app as described in the same link from the previous post.

If you are still unable to get the IP address of the Switch, the only option left is to get console access to the Switch-

Here is a guide on how to access to the Switch via console (cable access between your PC to the ICX 7150-C12P) in this case we need a USB type C to USB standard or Console cable Rj45 to USB. 

How to console in the ICX-7150-C12P

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-console-in-the-ICX-71...

Once you are logged in to the ICX-7150-C12P please follow and perform the same commands and help with the outputs.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Lennar Home Community.

I purchased the necessary cable to serial connect my laptop to the RUKUS console port.  I was not presented with sign-on screen and have spent hours trying to make it happen.  The RUKUS to router connection is green but my Advanced IP Scanner is not showing an IP address.  I have been offline with my POE devices (2 Access Points and 1 Ring Elite Door Bell) for over three weeks.  My ICX7150-C12P-2X1G (80-1009879-06) was installed in my home when I purchased it from Lennar four and a half years ago.  The serial number is FEK3214P0AN. If this is under warranty, can I get it repaired or replaced?  Please