cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help- moved to lennar pre-owned home

parrillas
New Contributor

moved into a pre owned lennar home. Need help setting this up. 

I have ATT and ran a cat-7 wire from the back of the router to port 3 on the rockus switch. The rockus switch has a cat-5 or 6 wire connected to the access point. It connects and works, but its extremely slow. I checked directly on the ATT router and i get a Gig speed, but when connecting on the access point i get about 25Mpbs which is super slow. 

Need help, and also if there is a installation guide you can send me. I would like to update the switch and access point as well at some point.

24 REPLIES 24

parrillas
New Contributor

I replaced my ATT router and now use cable internet through spectrum. I just plugged the new modem to the rockus switch and it doesnt work any more. I try unplugging everything and trying again multiple times and nothing.

How can i resolve this issue?

Hi @parrillas 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As per the case description, I understand that your RUCKUS setup is not working after replacing the modem.

If your ISP modem is directly connected to the ICX-7150-C12P Switch, it doesn’t work only with Modem. The connection must be from a Router or Modem-Router combo device. Could you please confirm this once?

The connection topology must be in the order: 

ISP Modem>>ISP Router>>RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch>>Access Points or any device connected to 1 in-12 ports

OR

ISP Modem-Router Combo>>RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch>>Access Points or any device connected to 1 in-12 ports

Please refer to the short guide link below about how to connect the devices as a reference:

Most common Setups for Lennar homes users:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Most-common-Setups-for-Lenna...

Please check the physical connectivity as per the above description and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hi @parrillas 

Greetings! 

I trust this message finds you well.

I kindly request an update on the status of the issue so that we may proceed further with resolving it. 

Thank you.

Best regards,
Imran Sanadi
RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

Hi @parrillas 

Greetings! 

I kindly request an update on the status of the issue so that we may proceed further with resolving it. 

Thank you.

Best regards,
Imran Sanadi

Hi @parrillas 

Greetings! 

If we do not receive a response from you within 24 hours from the timestamp of this message, your case will proceed to closure.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Imran Sanadi