cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google fiber with accidental reset of switch and one of r510

sugarfreemt
New Contributor

Hello I have the typical icx7150 switch with two r510 access ports upstairs and downstairs. I messed up and hard reset the switch (hit the button on the box) while trying to connect just a spectrum modem to the switch. I still had both r510 connected at that point. The master was upstairs and I reset that one as well. I managed to get the r510 set up again with my old settings with a reset and plugging a modem/router. I was unable to connect all these together efficiently but now I have two of my old networks and recently got google fiber. So now I have my old networks and google fiber networks.

All that being said, I’m trying to find the original configuration to the icx7150 that lennar had set up? For some reason my old netgear router modem is showing up when I look at the ip addresses to boot in. It was broadcasting a 2.4 ghz and 5ghz channels, I’m trying to do that again but my google nest only broadcast 5ghz. Am I able to just broadcast 2.4 ghz from the r510? 

4 REPLIES 4

Imran_ruckus

Hi @sugarfreemt 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for reaching out to RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope this message finds you well. 

We appreciate the information you provided. Based on your description, it seems you are looking to restore the configuration and set up a 2.4GHz network using the RUCKUS R510 Access Point.

1. The RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch will be set up to default configurations tailored for Lennar Users. After a reset using a paper clip will be on the same by default configurations. These default settings are sufficient for basic networking needs, requiring no additional configurations or modifications.

2. You can indeed create a new 2.4GHz radio band. This involves editing or creating a new WLAN Wi-Fi network and selecting the desired Radio Band.

Select Wi-Fi Network>>Select your WLAN Network (SSID)>>Edit WLAN 

(Please refer to the below screenshots)

To create or edit a WLAN SSID, please refer to the instructions and resources provided below:
  - Creating a new network WLAN SSID: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSl_8rs1QnU
  - Detailed steps for creating a New Wireless WLAN (SSID) can be found here: https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Creating-a-New-Wireless-WLAN...

If you have any further questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Thank you once again for your patience and cooperation.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi  
RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

Imran_ruckus

Hi @sugarfreemt 

Greetings! 

I trust this message finds you well.

I kindly request an update on the status of the issue so that we may proceed further with resolving it. 

Thank you.

Best regards,
Imran Sanadi

Imran_ruckus

Hi @sugarfreemt 

Greetings! 

I kindly request an update on the status of the issue so that we may proceed further with resolving it. 

Thank you.

Best regards,
Imran Sanadi

Imran_ruckus

Hi @sugarfreemt 

Greetings! 

If we do not receive a response from you within 24 hours from the timestamp of this message, your case will proceed to closure.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Imran Sanadi