cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fix Routing Code / Software Recovery - Both Failed

Nik24
New Contributor

My switches were working fine, I had no power outage, they just suddenly stopped working.  I have a green power light and amber system light.  I've tried resetting multiple times (unplugging, using paperclip to reset while plugging back in) but the lights all just flash amber from (PoE, Stat, USB, etc) on my ICX 7150-C12P.

I tried the instructions for a software recovery but continue to get the "is not alive" message on PuTTY.  I turned off all firewalls (Windows and BitDefender), closed PuTTY and Tftpd64 then reopened both and tried the commands again.  I continued to get the "is not alive" message.  I tried accessing Ruckus using a USB-C cord and an ethernet cable.  I used the two methods separately.  When I went to my network connections on an older windows computer, I had two ethernet devices showing, both with a red "X".  I selected the first one and configured the IP address, subnet mask, and default gateway.  When I got the "is not alive" message, I tried again using a newer laptop that does not have an ethernet port.  So when I got to the point to setup the network connection, there was no Ethernet network to select, so I could not continue.

I tried remote access as another option.  I downloaded and ran the IP address finder software but did not see anything for Ruckus.  I pulled up my Verizon internet account and identified the MAC and IP address for Ruckus CPE Wifi Bridge and Ruckus R510 Access Point.  I tried putting the IP address into PuTTY using Telnet and SSH to access the switch remotely.  Neither worked.  I did not even get a password prompt when trying SSH.  PuTTY simply gave an error message and stopped working using both methods.  I'm at a loss as to what else to try.

7 REPLIES 7

Imran_ruckus

Hi @Nik24 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for reaching out to RUCKUS Lennar Home Community. 

We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to resolve the issues you are experiencing with your RUCKUS setup.

Based on the information provided, it appears that you are encountering issue during the software recovery process.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and are committed to assisting you promptly.

As you are getting a ‘not alive’ error, please refer to the below RUCKUS Lennar Knowledge Base article to fix this error and try software recovery process once again.

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/Fixing-host-192-168-0-x-is-n...

Please let me know if that works or let me know if you face any issues.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hello, Imran. I already tried your suggestion. I listed with great detail every step I tried multiple times. 

Hi @Nik24 

I hope this message finds you well.

Thank you for your prompt response and the update.

Could you please provide us with screenshots of the steps where you are encountering difficulties? Additionally, we would appreciate a picture showing the connections of the Software Recovery cable between the RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P switch and the laptop.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

Best regards,
Imran Sanadi
RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

Hi @Nik24 

Greetings!!!

I trust this message finds you well.

I kindly request an update on the status of the issue so that we may proceed further with resolving it.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Imran Sanadi
RUCKUS Lennar Home Community