cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failing to bring up Ruckus AP RS510

shashv0711
New Contributor

I just moved in to an existing configured Ruckus system. I have internet at my place through the router installed by the ATnt provider and is connected to the Ruckus switch.

As I try to bring up the Access Points, I followed this process:

Removed all other AP connections to Switch. Only one AP is connected on which I am doing RESET.

I press RESET button at the back of this AP for 15 secs. 

At first Power LED turns BLINKING RED followed by solid RED. After a min or so, it Blinks GREEN followed by solid GREEN. 

At this point, I see CONFIGURE-ME-XXXX wifi, however it either disappears after sometime or asks for Password (which I am aware). 

Few attempts, it goes back to SOLID RED. 

I am running out of options to troubleshoot this further. Could you please assist on how to get this working ?

12 REPLIES 12

Hi @shashv0711 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the update.

Yes, there will be a Wi-Fi network as well which you can use that can’t be disabled. The Access Points (AP) are mainly used to extend our wireless network connectivity range (e.g.: Different floors, outdoors, rooms far from ISP Router, etc.,) for wirelessly connecting devices.

To check the Unleashed Application login issue, could you please login to your Unleashed system on a web browser using the Master AP IP Address or ‘unleashed.ruckuswireless.com’? Please check the current version of your Unleashed Access Points and share a screenshot of the same.

Please refer to the below screenshots for more information on how to know your Unleashed Access Points version details. 

Please check, help us with the above-requested information, and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

HI, 
Please find the screenshot of the master AP with version. Looks like there is nothing populated for version. But I guess it should be the same as the master AP.

Master AP detailsMaster AP details

Hi @shashv0711 

Thank you for the response and for sharing the requested information.

As I see from the screenshot you shared, your Unleashed Access Points are on an old version 200.12.10.105.129 (please refer to the below screenshot). This is the reason you are unable to log into your Unleashed Application from your smartphone.

We suggest you upgrade your ALL RUCKUS R510 Access Points to version 200.14.6.1.203 which is recently released.

Please refer to the below videos for the Upgrade process:

RUCKUS Unleashed Online and Local Firmware Upgrade Configuration using Browser UI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kasvo2S3fhc&t=217s

Please refer to the below video showing the process of Local Upgrade. (If online Upgrade does not work)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCqiH2Aoxlk&t=66s

Once you upgrade your ALL Access Points, please uninstall the Unleashed application and install the updated one. And try to log in.

Please check and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.