cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t log into ruckus app

Smyff3
New Contributor

I had to reset my APs to get them to work again after a power outage. This is the 4th time in 3 years I have had to do this. And to say it’s getting old is an understatement. But I set it all back up and set my username and password for the ruckus app. I can connect to the ruckus system but I am unable to log into the app. It says I’m not connected to the “ruckus network” which I am. And when I put in a request to reset my password incase I fat fingered a letter it says my credentials are incorrect. What do I do? 

When I try to do the Defalt IP address it takes me to centurylinks admin log in and not the ruckus system log in page. Just to try I used the username and password on the back of the AP but no surprise it said login failed. 

so now I’m wondering if I’m really issuing the ruckus Wi-Fi or not. I’m connected to it and I see it as a network option. But the Master IP doesn’t take me to a ruckus site but to my internet provider. 

Also, do these not have an internal memory to restart after a power outage to reconnect all the devices or do I have to do this every time. Maybe mine are faulty? 

8 REPLIES 8

Imran_ruckus

Hi @Smyff3 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As per the case description, I understand that you are unable to log into the RUCKUS Unleashed application on your smartphone.

This is a known issue, when your RUCKUS Access Points are running on an older version and will not let you log into the RUCKUS Unleashed application from your smartphone. 

Please log in to your Unleashed system on a LAPTOP WEB BROWSER using the Master AP IP Address OR https://unleashed.ruckuswireless.com/ . Please check the current version of your Unleashed Access Points and share a screenshot of the same.

Please refer to the below screenshots for more information on how to know your Unleashed Access Points version details. 

Please check, and help us with the above-requested information, since we can upgrade the APs to avoid this issue let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

As you mentioned the issue that occurs every time after a power outage may be due to an older version on which your RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch will be running. I will assist you later on this once we fix the Unleashed application issue.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I would attach a photo but it says I do not have permission but my version for the APs are 200.9.10.4.243

Hi @Smyff3 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and for sharing the requested information.

As you mentioned, your Unleashed Access Points are on version 200.9.10.4.243 which is an old one. This is the reason you are unable to log into your Unleashed Application from your smartphone.

We suggest you upgrade your ALL RUCKUS R510 Access Points to version 200.14.6.1.203 which is recently released.

Please refer to the below videos for the Upgrade process:

RUCKUS Unleashed Online and Local Firmware Upgrade Configuration using Browser UI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kasvo2S3fhc&t=217s

Please refer to the below video showing the process of Local Upgrade. (If online Upgrade does not work)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCqiH2Aoxlk&t=66s

Please refer to the below screenshot to download the file for Local Upgrade.

Once you upgrade your ALL Access Points, please uninstall the Unleashed application and install the updated one. And try to log in.

Please check and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Smyff3
New Contributor

I would attach a photo but it says I do not have permission but my version for the APs are 200.9.10.4.243