cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access https://unleashed.ruckuswireless.com Unleashed Dashboard

Chameleonzero
New Contributor II

Recently, I needed to do some Port Forwarding. I was able to access the Unleashed dashboard and switched to Gateway mode to do Port Forwarding. After I hit apply and everything rebooted, I can now no longer able to access https://unleashed.ruckuswireless.com. It just give me a time out error. I have tried to access the dashboard on several Windows PCs and using the Ruckus app on my iPhone, but nothing worked. I still have access to the internet, just not the Unleashed Dashboard any more. One solution I found online was to power cycle the network which I did. I unplugged it for 10min, plugged it all back in, gave it time to reboot (10min), and then connected via wifi, but still no access. My system is as follows:

GigaSpire GS2020E Router -> Ruckus ICX 7150-C12P Switch -> x3 Ruckus R510

Any help is much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Chameleonzero
New Contributor II

So I was finally able to resolve my issue. I reboot my PC, connected to my wifi SSID, then plugged in my ethernet cable to my PC, and magically was able to get to the Unleashed web interface, but only when the ethernet cable was plugged in, which is the exact opposite that Ruckus told me. From there, Gateway Mode was grayed out so I couldn't reverse what I had done. Using the Unleashed web interface, I did a factory reset and now everything is working again. A special thanks to the Ruckus team for providing zero customer support because I am a Lennar home customer. I have to upgrade my switch in the next couple of months, and I will definitely be switching over to Ubiquiti's environment (Switch & APs) when that time comes.

Sincerely,

A Lennar homeowner

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Chameleonzero
New Contributor II

So I was finally able to resolve my issue. I reboot my PC, connected to my wifi SSID, then plugged in my ethernet cable to my PC, and magically was able to get to the Unleashed web interface, but only when the ethernet cable was plugged in, which is the exact opposite that Ruckus told me. From there, Gateway Mode was grayed out so I couldn't reverse what I had done. Using the Unleashed web interface, I did a factory reset and now everything is working again. A special thanks to the Ruckus team for providing zero customer support because I am a Lennar home customer. I have to upgrade my switch in the next couple of months, and I will definitely be switching over to Ubiquiti's environment (Switch & APs) when that time comes.

Sincerely,

A Lennar homeowner

@chameleonzero, I'm having the same issue ever since Ruckus stopped working with Lennar homeowners directly. I'm still not seeing where I can contact to my gateway. Any help would be greatly apricated. 

Try getting a paperclip and hitting the reset buttons on all your APs. It can take up to 5-15min for the system to reset. At that point, check if you can see the SSID under the available wifi networks on something like an iPhone. My network default to the original setup and we could connect to the Master AP. If you can see the SSID then try to connect to it. Now download the Ruckus unleashed app on your smart phone and try to access the network in that app. You will likely need the default username and password for the wifi and the router/AP, which Ruckus should be able to easily give you. I don't remember what the default username and password were so I am not of any help there. Once you get access to it, you should be able to set up the network again like you want. Hope this helps.

JacksonCampbell
New Contributor III

I can always access unleashed.ruckuswireless.com on my computer over WiFi, but my phone says "this site can't be reached, server IP address could not be found.... ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED. So, why is that? I even manually set my phone DNS to the router since I thought maybe it was resolving via 8.8.8.8 or something.

Solution to my question is to turn off private DNS in Android settings.