cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can ICX 7150 be set to switch mode via web interface

MarkKelley
New Contributor III

I have a Lennar home that came with an ICX-7150-12P and two R510s.  Due to a power loss, the iCX has restared in router mode.  I have access to it via the web interface so is it possible to reset it to switch mode via the web or do I need to do it via the console?  I don't currently have access to the console because I need a USB C cable.  I've ordered one but I'd like to fix it now if possible.

19 REPLIES 19

That is the wireless GUI (unleashed), so that will not do you much good for the switch. You likely will need to get a console cable and connect to the ICX that way (assuming it either has no IP address or it is unknown). With that said, even in router mode, it should function just fine.

Ben Beck, RCNA, RCNI, Principal Technical Support Engineer
support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

MarkKelley
New Contributor III

The connection is very slow.  I'll have the cable tomorrow so it's all good.  Thanks for trying to help me!

Hey Mark, 

No problem and understood. Very tough to tell what is happening in your specific case, but the image running on the ICX (switch or router) should not really matter here. With that said, It may be worth a look. I would advise doing a couple tests to figure out where the issue lies:

1) wired laptop plugged into icx > test speed

2) wired laptop plugged directly into modem (bypassing ICX) > test speed

3) wireless client (preferably newer device and with good signal) > test speed

That may give you a better clue if something is happening within your house. It could also be something ISP-side as well in which case that is a non-Ruckus issue. 

Ben Beck, RCNA, RCNI, Principal Technical Support Engineer
support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

MarkKelley
New Contributor III

I've tried 1 (no issues) and 2 (slow connection) but not 3.  This all started after the power loss and the ICX rebooted.    We'll see what happens tomorrow when I reboot it as a switch.

I'm having the same issue as Mark and it also occurred after a storm knocked out our power. When I connect my wireless devices to my spectrum router I have no issues, but when I connect most of them to ruckus network they are either super slow or connect and disconnect randomly. Only my laptop seems to have a consistent and fast connection to the ruckus network. The ICX switch says it's disconnected and says "Failed to auto recognize ICX IP address, please provide IP address to continue." Do you have any recommendations on how to fix my ruckus network?