cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing our Ruckus through the Unleashed app

aka9299
New Contributor

How do we get assistance accessing our network through the app? I deleted and redownloaded the app followed the instructions using unleashed.ruckuswireless.com but I can’t get it to connect in the app. All of my access points are working fine. Thanks in advance for your help.

9 REPLIES 9

Hi @aka9299 

Thank you for the response and for sharing the requested information.

As I see from the screenshot you shared, your Unleashed Access Points are on an old version 200.9.10.4.243 (please refer to the below screenshot). This is the reason you are unable to log into your Unleashed Application from your smartphone.

We suggest you upgrade your ALL RUCKUS R510 Access Points to version 200.14.6.1.203 which is recently released.

Please refer to the below videos for the Upgrade process:

RUCKUS Unleashed Online and Local Firmware Upgrade Configuration using Browser UI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kasvo2S3fhc&t=217s

Please refer to the below video showing the process of Local Upgrade. (If online Upgrade does not work)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCqiH2Aoxlk&t=66s

Please refer to the below screenshot to download the file for Local Upgrade.

Once you upgrade your ALL Access Points, please uninstall the Unleashed application and install the updated one. And try to log in.

Please check and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Did I answer your query? If yes, hit the Kudos button and also accept the answer as an Accepted solution if resolved.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Just to confirm will this knock my service offline or no? I work from home and have to have my service to work. Or is this just an internal upgrade?

Hi @aka9299 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response.

During the upgrade process, Access Points require a reboot which can take around 10-15 minutes to complete its upgrade process and the Wi-Fi network from the RUCKUS Access Points may go down till they reboot and come up.

You can perform the upgrade during your off-hours if, you do not want to lose Wi-Fi connectivity via RUCKUS Access Points during the reboot process.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Ok when I click on the access points it doesn’t give the option to upgrade so I assume I need to use the local process?

Hi @aka9299 

Thank you for the response and the information.

Yes, if you don’t see the 200.14.6.1.203 in the online upgrade suggestion. Please go ahead with the Local upgrade process.

Please use the below link and download the 200.14.6.1.203 version file for the local upgrade and refer to the local upgrade VIDEO shared in my post about the process (please refer to the screenshot below)

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/software?filter=91#sort=relevancy&f:@source=[Software%20Downloads]

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi