cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access points wont turn on after power outage

Jpadgett123
New Contributor II

Hey all. Having an issue with my access points after a recent power outage. I have unplugged and replugged my main ruckus router and also unplugged/replugged the PoE cable from both access points. I am not receiving anything on that end. The main box has a green power light and a yellow system light. I’m assuming that’s the issue but I have recycled power there too. I am lost at this point. Anything helps!

16 REPLIES 16

Vásquez_Fer

Hi @Jpadgett123 

Hope you are doing well ! 

1-Please try to disconnect from the Power outlet the ICX-7150 and reconnected.

If that does not make any difference we need to perform a software recovery since it can be that the images are corrupted so in basic words the Switch or white box is  not able to boot up properly.

2-We need to access (physical) using one of he cable to the ICX-7150C12P mentioned on the below guide : 

How to console in the ICX-7150-C12p

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-console-in-the-ICX-71...

Once we are there we can try to boot up the unit using the following commands: 

Boot_primary or Boot_secondary 

If that step does not work Software recovery needs to be applied

Here is the guide : 

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-perform-a-Software-r...

Best Regards 

Fernando Vasquez 

Thank you for the response! I have absolutely no idea what I am doing on this. I have tried to reach out to Ruckus and they no longer service Lennar homes over phone. I feel like what I need is someone to walk me through this process on the phone. Is there any way I can speak to someone? 

Hi @Jpadgett123 

Effective November’2022,  ‘Ruckus Support for Lennar Homes customers will no longer be handled by phone or email. We will be exclusively supporting customers via this community forum support model.

If you need something to be clarify on the process please let us know

Best Regards 

Fernando Vasquez 

Thank You Fernando. This has helped me. I just used "boot" once consoled into the switch via Putty as "Boot_Primary" and "Boot_secondary" didn't trigger any action.

My power had to be shut off for a couple hours for the installation of some solar equipment after which, all my APs lost power. I followed your steps and am now back up.