cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access points are not connected to the switch

Bredbred
New Contributor

Access point is not connected to the switch, and all the light is on the AP is off.  

image.jpg

on the switch, two light next to the Ethernet cables from APa are also off for all of the APs

image.jpg

The status light on the switch is as follow.

image.jpg

I tried to unplug it and reset, it comes back for half a day and die again

6 REPLIES 6

Imran_ruckus

Hi @Bredbred 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for reaching out to the RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to resolve the issues you are experiencing with your RUCKUS setup.

Based on the information provided, it appears that you are encountering an issue with the RUCKUS Access Point with no power on it.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and are committed to assisting you promptly.

The RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P switch is currently in a normal operational state based on its light status. However, it is possible that the switch ports have been disabled.

To troubleshoot this issue, please follow these steps:

1. Unplug the Ethernet cable from the Access Point (AP) that is connected to the switch port.
2. Reconnect the cable to any of the ports 1 through 12 on the switch (please refer to the screenshot below).

If the AP does not power on after performing these steps, we may need to manually enable the switch ports via the command line interface (CLI). For detailed instructions on how to do this, please refer to the following RUCKUS Lennar Knowledge Base article: 

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/NO-Power-on-Access-Points-an...

Should you encounter any difficulties during this process, please do not hesitate to reach out for further assistance.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi
RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

Imran_ruckus

Hi @Bredbred 

Greetings!!!

I trust this message finds you well.

I kindly request an update on the status of the issue so that we may proceed further with resolving it.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Imran Sanadi

Imran_ruckus

Hi @Bredbred 

Greetings!!!

I kindly request an update on the status of the issue so that we may proceed further with resolving it.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Imran Sanadi

Imran_ruckus

Hi @Bredbred 

Greetings!!!

If we do not receive a response from you within 24 hours from the timestamp of this message, your case will proceed to closure.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Imran Sanadi