cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Point dead after outage

Jeanpaulpr
New Contributor

My Ruckus Access point is dead after a power outage. Few years ago it happened and I was transferred to an engineer from Ruckus who remotely was able to restarted and make it work again. Since now this community thread is the new support model for Lennar Ruckus customers, how can I get it fixed now?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Jeanpaulpr

Greetings of the day!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As I can see from the pictures you shared, the PoE is in the disabled state on the Switch. By which the Access Points are unable to get the power.

To enable the PoE on the Switch, please perform the below commands from the CLI:

Switch>enable
No password has been assigned yet...
Switch#configure terminal
Switch(config)#interface ethernet 1/1/1 to 1/1/12
Switch(config-mif-1/1/1-1/1/12)#inline power

Also attaching a Screenshot as a reference:

Imran_ruckus_0-1675438339023.jpeg

Please confirm once it works or please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Lennar Home Community.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18

F90A770A-95A8-4F93-A038-EBD98A02EF9B.jpeg

Hi Jeanpaulpr

Greetings of the day!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As I can see from the pictures you shared, the PoE is in the disabled state on the Switch. By which the Access Points are unable to get the power.

To enable the PoE on the Switch, please perform the below commands from the CLI:

Switch>enable
No password has been assigned yet...
Switch#configure terminal
Switch(config)#interface ethernet 1/1/1 to 1/1/12
Switch(config-mif-1/1/1-1/1/12)#inline power

Also attaching a Screenshot as a reference:

Imran_ruckus_0-1675438339023.jpeg

Please confirm once it works or please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Lennar Home Community.

This may be my issue. Everything is the same as mentioned above. How do I get into my switch from my laptop to make this possible change? I am not tech savvy.

Hi @onptl7095 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hope you are doing well

As this case was raised by @Jeanpaulpr which is resolved and closed.

To avoid confusion with posts, you can create your own post with the problem you're facing and a detailed description of the network issue and what you've done so that we can guide you properly.

Thank you again for understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I created the new entry. Will you or someone be able to look at it soon? I submitted my own entry much earlier today and have not heard anything further. That is why I went to the other entry that you mentioned is closed.